TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Failure - September 24th 2009, 01:23 AM

So, I gave in to the crave. I was good for TWO whole years. I feel really bad that I did it. But it felt so good. I'm trying to tell myself if I do it agian I will stop but then that one more turns in to 5 times and then 10 times. Deeper and deeper. I just don't know any way to cope. I try to talk to my therapist but honestly it does not work. Honestly I don't care. I want help but I think it's not it. I wouldn't get better. I have been in therapy for two whole years. Any advise would be much appreciated. Feel free to read my other posts for more info. Thanks in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BlueEyedBeauty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Barb

Re: Failure - September 24th 2009, 03:10 AM

Everyone relapses! Believe me. I keep relapsing so your definately not alone with that. I haven't had a therapist so I can't help you there, but maybe you could find someone that you trust. Because it seems like the therapist is doing nothing for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Failure - September 24th 2009, 06:57 PM

Hi,

Well done on being self harm free for 2 years, that is such a great achievement Try not to feel too bad about self harming again; basically everyone has relapses at some point. The important thing is not that you relapsed, but what you chose to do about it. I think you know inside that self harm isn't healthy and there are better [safer] ways of coping.

Have you ever tried dealing with things in a different way? You said you don't know any way to cope so maybe you could try some new things. Depending on how you feel when you feel and your motives there are different alternatives such as talking to somebody, doing a painting/drawing, writing in a diary or doing some exercise. You might want to check out this alternatives thread; it lists just about every alternative there is! Click here if you want to see that

The last thing I want to suggest is changing therapists. There are different ones and each person will do things slightly different. I think it's important that you are able to connect with your therapist and work together; that way you will be able to make some progress. Maybe you could ask your doctor to recommend one?

Take care
Jen

PM // VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Re: Failure - September 24th 2009, 10:37 PM

I mean my therapist is not the best in the world. But, she has helped me through so many of my issues. So I really don't want to get a new therapist. Also should I tell her or is she going to have to tell my mom. We (my mom and I) don't have the best relationship.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Re: Failure - September 25th 2009, 03:04 AM

I did it agian. I made it worse.

Closed Thread