TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

I'm giving up - September 26th 2009, 04:50 AM

I've made so many stupid mistakes this week, I've forgotten to do so many things and did so many things I shouldn't have, now I feel really bad, so I'm taking the anger out on myself, it's the only way I know of to cope, I know it only helps for a little bit but it's really nice and that is why I'm doing it again, I've gone over a month without it, a month and seven days to be exact and so many things have triggered me...I can't take it anymore. The alternatives don't work for me today. This probably sounds stupid

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bill Mather
Average Joe

Name: Bill Mather

Re: I'm giving up - September 26th 2009, 05:11 AM

please don't it isn't worth it you are doing so well.

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IS AROUND THE CORNER IF YOU NEVER GO AROUND THE CORNER
  Send a message via AIM to Music is my Life  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueEyedBeauty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Barb

Re: I'm giving up - September 26th 2009, 05:24 AM

I know its hard. Please go to talk to the live help operator. They will be able to help you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I'm giving up - September 26th 2009, 06:16 AM

You don't sound stupid at all! You sound like you're going through a really rough time and I'm sorry about that. And no matter what happens I want to say congrats for getting so far. One month and one week! That's so amazing!!
I really wish you wouldn't give up. You're stronger than you think. You've made it this far, haven't you? There are a hundred alternatives, I'm sure you haven't tried them all. You might find or think of something that works for you. You can never give up hope. Never.
That being said, if you do slip up that's okay. Everyone encounters bumps in the road. You just can't let yourself get stuck there. If you do self harm, please take care of yourself.
You can do this.
Hang in there. You can PM me if you ever need to talk about anything.
With hope,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: I'm giving up - September 26th 2009, 02:38 PM

I feel bad forgiving up, but at the same time, it helped.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I'm giving up - September 27th 2009, 03:32 AM

I'm sorry that things are so messed up for you right now. And it's okay to slip up. Everyone slips up. But you can't give up. Please. You're worth more than that. I hope things get better for you. Don't forget to take care of yourself.
With hope,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: I'm giving up - September 28th 2009, 09:59 PM

it dosent help though. all you are doing is hurting your body, and you will regret it one day. you were doing sooo well that month and 7 days and im very very proud of you!! im sorry you messed up, but remember EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!! everyone messes up, everyone has bad days and bad weeks. dont take things out on your self, don't give up! cutting is an awful addiction and its very serious, but if you went a month without it i know you can go longer! keep setting goals for yourself, one week. two weeks. a month. two months. there. six. a year. two years. you'll get out of the habbit! when you feel an urge, go for a walk. read a book. watch a movie. talk to people on this website about it. there is always a better way! please pm me if you need to talk, good luck
<3 Cherry

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: I'm giving up - October 2nd 2009, 02:22 AM

Thanks, to all of you that posted here, I've slipped up more than once since this post, the day before yesterday actually, I want to tell the people around me how I feel, I just don't know how to or what they'll say, i'm scared to tell them, I hate to admit that but it's true and I think all they will say is that it's tupid for me to be hurting myself and that what happened happened and that it's not my fault and that i can change anything and that the person will get what they deserve. I know all of this, I just feel so many feelings right now and one of them is anger, i live each day angry inside at myself, at my dad for letting what happened happen, at her for doing what she did to me, I hold all of these feelings in and have been for almost six years and feel like they are all starting to crash down on me, i feel as if life is becoming so difficult, I have no friends to talk to because all of my friends have drifted away from me over the last part of last school year and the summer. They ignore me and don't really talk to me. I want to make new friends but I don't want people to become my friends because they feel bad for me, I want people that will actually be friends with me for who i am and not just because they sympathise because of my disability. I want to try and find friends but I don't know how to approch people and ask them if they want to be my friend, I guess you could say i'm sort of shy whith that kind of stuff. (This probably doesn't make sense or go with my original post but I figured I'd put it here)

Closed Thread