TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

I don't want to stop.... - September 26th 2009, 06:13 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I used to have a desire to stop...but I don't anymore! It's almost winter...so long sleves will be normal...so why not?! I can't think of a reason. I mean it'll calm my nerves and nobody else has to know. So why not?! UGHHH.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I don't want to stop.... - September 26th 2009, 06:30 AM

Because it's not healthy to treat yourself that way. Because you're worth more than that. Because no one deserves that sort of pain. Because there are other ways to calm yourself.
You're stronger than you know. You're a good person, and you deserve better.
Hang in there!!! You can do this!
If you need to talk about it PM me. Just make me shut up about myself haha I know I've been talking about my problems over PMing for a while now, but I owe you big time. <3
Please don't stop fighting. You can do it.
Take care.
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I don't want to stop.... - September 26th 2009, 06:36 AM

Hey,

I can relate to what your going through. And though it doesn't seem so, their are alot of reasons to stop. I could list a million reasons but ultimately your doing alot of harm to yourself and you deserve better. You owe it to yourself to stop. Their are alot of other healthier alternatives and you don't have to turn to SH. Its a option but it deffinitly not a good one or the best one.

I hope you take better care of yourself, Feel free to PM any time

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
stars333 Offline
Stars Make The Sky
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Morgan

Re: I don't want to stop.... - September 26th 2009, 07:06 AM

It may seem like its your body and you can do what you want to it and it shouldn't be anyone elses business as long as your careful. But you have to love yourself more than that. You have to think of what it is doing to your life. I have not cut in years but I live with people seeing my scars all the time and assuming they know I'm some crazy pycho. Of course no one ever asks details they just judge. One day you will quit and you will just have that many more scars that people will judge. No one will quit until it is their time. Until they feel comfortable in their skin. As long as you have made up your mind to do it again you will but you havn't made up your mind your here searching for someone to give you a good reason not to. Take control of your life love yourself and your body enough to know when to say enough is enough.

Wether you do it this winter or not eventually you will be past this. I think about cutting everyday and every winter I think the same thing. Its easier to hide and no one would know. I honestly want that secret back. Its been 3 and a half years since I have Self injured. And I still think about it everyday and probably will for a long time. I just have to remind myself it only makes me feel better for a minute and I have the rest of my life to deal with and cannot cut every minute of everyday.

When you feel like cutting you have to find peace with yourself and who you are. You will always be you and have your life your memories. I don't know how long you just have to fight through each urge as it comes. Find someone to talk to through them. I understand that when you tell someone that you want to cut and all they can say is your better than that. It doesn't seem to do any good. But you have to believe it you have to know it to be true.

If you ever need to talk you can message me. Take Care.

Morgan

Send a message via Yahoo to stars333  
Closed Thread