TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

My Mess - September 30th 2009, 02:13 AM

So basically this has two topics so feel free to move.
Alright so firstly my mom's boyfriend and my dad call me names and pick on me so much.
My mom really does not stand up for me as much as I would like.
I have a therapist I have told her this.
She wants me to bring my mom in to therapy so my therapist can talk to her.
But really there is another issue here.
The words that they say I believe. I deserve to be called these names. So my anger in my self has made me want to cut. And basically I can't stop. I don't know if you really can give me any advise but if you can that would be totally awesome.
Thanks.
Meg.
My next session is next week. So I have a little time to think this over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Mess - September 30th 2009, 03:17 AM

What kind of names do they call you?

I'm sure your not that bad of a kid... are you sure they're not just joking around?

If they're serious about calling you names, you gotta show them that you don't like it. If they are calling you these names for a reason, find out what that reason is and fix the problem... but make it clear you don't like being called these names.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My Mess - September 30th 2009, 10:34 AM

Hey Meg,

I am sorry that your mums boyfriend is calling you names. You shouldn't have to put up with that and it isn't right that you are having to. I think it is good you have told your therapist about it. It would be a good idea to bring your mum with you to the appointment because then she might start sticking up for you more and then the name calling might stop. No one deserves to be called names so you honestly don't deserve it. You shouldn't feel angry with yourself because it isn't your fault your mums boyfriend is calling you names. He is fully responsible and you can't be to blame for someone elses actions. Just think he is hurting you enough by calling you these names and you definitely don't deserve to be hurt a second time by yourself. You deserve so much better than that.

I think that you should get your mum to come to see your therapist with you. She probably doesn't realise how much of an effect this is having on you. It has to stop. I am happy to listen anytime if you want to talk. Stay strong

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: My Mess - October 1st 2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSailor View Post
What kind of names do they call you?

I'm sure your not that bad of a kid... are you sure they're not just joking around?

If they're serious about calling you names, you gotta show them that you don't like it. If they are calling you these names for a reason, find out what that reason is and fix the problem... but make it clear you don't like being called these names.
I'm sure I don't think your father is suppose to call you a b*tch, smart !ss, and even the f word sometimes...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Mess - October 1st 2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic3593 View Post
I'm sure I don't think your father is suppose to call you a b*tch, smart !ss, and even the f word sometimes...
Well thats just wrong. You don't deserve to be called those words - no one does. If your mum wont stand up for you, then try standing up for yourself and tell them how you feel. If that doesn't work, then plan a talk with your mum to see what she can do.

I hope things turn out ok.

Closed Thread