TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anna Skye Offline
live and let love...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Exclamation Help, Please. - October 2nd 2009, 02:30 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey THers,

So basically, this is what's going down.
I've slipped back into SHing, after almost two months without it.
FML.
I don't even know why I started - nothing triggered it or anything. I just got this sudden, subconscious urge to do it, and I did, and now it's taking all I have to refrain from doing it again. It's scaring me that I don't know what's causing it, though. When I used to do it, I knew that there was something up, but now I don't even know why I'm SHing. Grawr.
Anyway, I don't mean to ramble on and on, but the point is that I'm scared, I'm sad, and I know I need help (but I can't get it outside of TH for reasons beyond my control, so please don't recommend it. It's not that I don't want it.)
I love you all so much.
Thanks <3

peace and love
Anna

If you read this signature,
know that someone cares about you.
You are not alone.

<3 Contact me

last cut: 4 august 2010
last purge: 13 march 2010

(#2 (permalink)) Old
a_girlsdreams Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help, Please. - October 2nd 2009, 02:35 AM

Before you do it, just stop and think.
Whats causing this?
Why am I doing this?
Take the time to think about things.
Just breathe.
There is nothing worth hurting yourself for.
Though the urge is there, fight it.
You can be better than that.
Believe in yourself.

Remember to breathe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Help, Please. - October 2nd 2009, 11:34 AM

Hey there, Anna! [:

Wow, almost two whole months? That is amazing. Seriously! You should be so insanely proud of yourself. I know I'm proud of you! Two months is a massive achievement, it takes so much strength to go that long without harming yourself! Absolutely nothing can take away the fact that you still went two whole months without it.

Slip ups are part of recovery, Anna. They happen to everybody. In fact, slip ups can help you get even more motivated for when you decide to start over again. There are a couple of ways you can go from here. You can A) Start your count again, and do everything in your power to beat your own record of two months or you can B) Keep going with your count, and say it's been ''two months, one slip up''. It's completely up to you and what you feel will help you keep going.

I know it's probably stressful not knowing what triggered you, but it was probably something tiny that you didn't even notice, or maybe you just needed to get it out of your system one last time. Whatever the reason, it's okay. One slip up. No big deal, Anna. You don't have to do it again. I'm sure you don't want to do it again. And you've already proved to yourself that you can go a long, long time without it, thus you really don't need SH in your life.

You slipped, it's okay. Pick yourself back up again. Don't think you can? It's all right. We'll help up get back up and on track again. You're not in this alone, Anna. I'm sure you already know about the alternatives thread, but just in case you need a reminder, here you go: Alternatives To Self Harm

You can get through this, Anna. You can keep going. I'm positive of it. Chin up, Anna, it's going to be okay. [:

PM me absolutely anytime you need to. I know what you're going through. <3

Closed Thread