TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

why even bother - October 3rd 2009, 02:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

the only people that actually understand me are my friends back home (I'm a freshman at college), and I can only text/call/write them so much. I've been trying to put down my phone lately so I can live on campus more than off it, but it's hard. So I've been super low lately and can't stop thinking about what I want to do to myself...I've gotten back into the habit of being relieved whenever something happens because now I have an excuse to hurt myself. I haven't, though...which is good I guess but GOD I want to.

It's the only thing that makes me feel truly grounded, like I'm here. Otherwise I've been slipping through my days without being there. I don't know what happened yesterday, or the day before that, or even this morning.

Tonight I was good, and made one of my friends watch after me via text, but I still wanted to do something so I went walking on campus in the dark by myself to a really secluded place. Not the safest thing, specially since the secluded place was technically closed for the night, but it made me feel better for a few minutes.

Now though I'm back in my room with no idea what to do with myself. I'm frustrating the hell out of my boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm bipolar now. Sorry for the length of this rant but I need responses from people who don't think I'm stupid.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: why even bother - October 3rd 2009, 03:17 AM

You're not stupid. Never think you're stupid for feeling this way, you've just got a habit that needs breaking.

There is a great list of alternatives over here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Maybe it has some ideas that could help you.

As for the long term solution, I think the best thing you could do is try to make friends on campus. I know it's hard to get away from you're phone, but in the long run, it'll will really help to have friends where you are.

I hope this helps.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chani

Re: why even bother - October 3rd 2009, 10:23 AM

Hey I understand how this can be really hard for you but try not to let yourself slip because even if you just do it once more you become dependant on it again

Closed Thread