TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Name: Carsyn

I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 23rd 2009, 10:49 PM

All these tickers saying "___ months ___ days since my last cut." And I think about how much those people have accomplished and how it's only been two days since my last and I know it won't be many more before my next.

In all honesty. I love the scars. They're the only thing I can always look and and call beautiful.

I'm in a weird moon right now, waiting to go hang with my friend.

I don't like the pain when I cut. I love the way my blood tastes. And I love the marks they leave.

Why does something have to be wrong with me just because I like scars and give them to myself?
  Send a message via AIM to AlenRose_XX Send a message via Yahoo to AlenRose_XX  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 23rd 2009, 11:16 PM

I see those too and it bugs me. Its current been a little more then 24 hours since my last cut. But at the same time, it reminds me that it is possible to stop and be free or at least go more then a few days without doing it.

As for the scars, in all honesty I like them too. They remind me of what I feel. The reason something is "wrong" with you is because you are harming yourself and if it goes too far, you could get really hurt. If you like the marks, maybe you could try drawing on yourself with pen or marker? It helps, although I've found that red actually triggers worse. Try another color (or try red) and see if it helps you because you can see them on you.

Im here, PM me if you have any need to talk.

PM me anytime. I'll try my best to help you or just listen to you talk.

STOP THE BLEEDING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 24th 2009, 12:30 AM

Hey-

No, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to give yourself scars and so forth. As you can see, so many people around this site want to. The only problem that arises, which is a big problem, is that it hurts you. Sounds a bit contradictory eh? Think about when you're older though. Say you're at an interview, short sleeves. "What are those marks on your arms?" I'd imagine you wouldn't speak the truth - but how would you explain them? People will ask, and eventually you will get to the point that you can see smooth un-scarred skin, and be happy with it. Even if you think I'm crazy for saying that right now.

I know it's hard to see people who have gone months and weeks and what not. But don't compare yourself! Every minute you're self harm free is crucial. Every hour, two days? Is amazing. Two days is really hard work, even though some people don't understand that.

Do understand that it's addictive. If you research it a bit more, it releases endorphins that make you feel good, so it is hard to stop.

If you want to stop, we're all here for you.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 03:03 PM

Thanks. I don't cut my arms though, I wish. I'm a bit smarter than that. I really do hope eventually that I won't want scars but it just seems weird. I don't know. Thanks again for your replies. :]

~Sebastian.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cullen Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 03:11 PM

Scars are like tattoos, right? People get tattoos to commemorate a certain time or thing in their life, to remember something they have done. Scars do the exact same thing.
  Send a message via MSN to Cullen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 03:15 PM

I felt the same way as you before, I liked the scars. Now though I look at the scars that are left and I wish I didn't have them. I can't wear shorts, I don't like wearing short sleeves tops and if I do I hide the scars around people who don't know. I'm tired of having to cover up and I hope that eventually the scars I have will fade, if you don't stop your self harm now then the scars may never fade and you may end up regretting it for the rest of your life.
It isn't unusual for you to enjoy the scars though but in the future you'll probably regret them.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 03:40 PM

Good points....yeah....I can't wear shorts...or two piece bathing suits.... Well. I can just as long as parents don't see. I don't mind if anyone else sees really. Yeah. I don't wanna regret them...... I don't cut deep. Very shallow actually. So I hope they all heal....
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Nope Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 09:02 PM

The only reason I have a ticker is to look at it and feel proud of myself for being strong and not cutting, even if it was for a day. =)

You don't need to be bugged about it...most people just have them so they don't lose count. That's another reason why I have one. =P

(#9 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 25th 2009, 09:48 PM

I realize this. It doesn't bug me, it makes me think. I used to keep one as well.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Hero_Of_Blade Offline
Flawed Shadow
Average Joe

Name: Autumn

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 26th 2009, 12:20 AM

I see them too and I think well done on those people
personally I don't keep one, never have never will. Personal belief though. and a litle bit of experience.

I see your point about the scars and such, but as Gidig says it's not the scars that are worrying but the pain they cause.

I do hope you don't get too pulled down by anything =] and stay cut free for as long as possible.
We're all here behind you, we'll catch you if you fall.

If you need anything at all just PM me (or anyone else that can help =])
  Send a message via MSN to Hero_Of_Blade  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
SnowKitten Offline
SnowLeopard/Caracal/Otter/Fox
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Snow

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 26th 2009, 02:03 AM

idk why,
but my ticker wont go up...
it tays at one
which i guess is good,
so i dont have to reset it everyday

Click my eggs and help my dragons grow! :3
  Send a message via AIM to SnowKitten Send a message via Yahoo to SnowKitten  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Re: I keep seeing. (Possible Trigger) - January 26th 2009, 08:05 PM

Yeah. No worries about the pain. I do it so I cause as little pain as possible. Thanks everyone. :] I feel a bit better.
Closed Thread