TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ralphieboy13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ralph

So Pissed Off - October 6th 2009, 03:29 AM

I had started si when I was in 7th grade and managed to stop for 3 years before I had a relapse. Than I stopped again for 2 years, until about a week ago. I found a pocket knife and for some reason I just had this overwhelming urge to see my self bleed. It really pisses me off that I can't get help. The one time I did 5 years ago that made me stop the first time, I lied to the therapist/psychologist/whatever about why I hurt myself. So now I found this site and now I realize that apparently I'm the only guy on the planet who self injures. I have one friend who knows I used to self injure and their the one who got me help the first time, but I really don't one to go through the whole ordeal again. Does anyone know a way to stop the desire to cut. I don't even do I under emotional stress anymore. I just sortta feel like I have to do it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: So Pissed Off - October 6th 2009, 04:10 AM

Hey, Ralph. Welcome to TH.
First off, you're definitely not the only guy who cuts... It may seem like it, because there's no definite statistic. Maybe not as many guys SH, but of those that do, even less talk about it. So who knows?! This website is only a portion of the people who do cut, etc. I know this really doesn't mean anything, but my ex and one of my guy friends have dealt with cutting and other forms of self harm. You're not alone. It's not just some stupid, emo, teenage girl thing.

I don't mean to discourage you, but the only thing that stops the urges for good is time. But if you need help in the moment there's a whole thread about things you can do then. The link is here.
If you cut when you get pissed, I'd suggest doing something with physical exercise. Get out some of that pissed off energy.

Why can't you get help? I know it sounds really corny, but talking about your shit really does help. It could help you figure out why you feel like you have to cut. My advice for that would just be to look back on the times that you cut in the past and what was going on with you before and after. How you were feeling, anything that happened, any different feeling, etc. That could help you get your feet back on the ground again.

If you ever need to just talk about stuff, you can PM (private message) me.
Take care of yourself,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

Closed Thread