TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

need a fix - October 10th 2009, 08:27 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

just cant get the thought of cutting out of my head had such a bad week and todays been the worst need something just to take my mind of it cant cope with it all im so stressed and down and self harm seems my only way right now cant stop thinking about the pain and how good it feels not done it in a while i just feel i need it

im just so tired of being here
suppresed by all my childish fears

these wounds wont seem to heal
this pain is just too real
theres just too much that time cannot erase

waterloo road fans http://petitions.tigweb.org/saveeddie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: need a fix - October 10th 2009, 08:46 PM

Hey-

It's so hard to have bad times and then have to deal with the feelings of wanting to self harm. But this is normal, you're not the only one who has felt this way, so I hope you don't feel alone.

Have you tried any self harm alternatives? If not, look at THIS thread. You can also find it as a sticky at the top of the self harm forum. Try at least five of those, for at least ten minutes a piece. Hopefully they'll help you and keep you from self harming.

Stay safe!

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: need a fix - October 10th 2009, 10:05 PM

Hey, I know it's hard when you're having a difficult time and you seem to not be able to stop yourself. I know it's especially hard when you've had a heck of a week (I have too) and it seems to be getting worse and worse by the end of it.
First off, have you been talking to anyone about what's been going on this week that's made it so tough? Sometimes it helps to get that stuff off your chest and just tell someone what's been going on that will listen to you and give you advice if you need/want it.
Secondly, I agree with Maria (Gidig) about the Alternatives thread. Some of them are very helpful. One that I have used is for you to tell yourself, "I will wait an hour and if I still want to cut then, I will" When I do that I usually fall asleep from impatience before the hour is over. And if you still want to cut then, you can see if you can go any longer with it, which I've done as well. Sometimes people will forget about why they wanted to cut so bad and be more relieved because they've given themselves time to calm down before being impulsive on the SH.
If you ever want to talk, then you can feel free to PM me. =]
Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: need a fix - October 11th 2009, 10:15 PM

I know things are really hard right now, and it seems like cutting again would help but you'd just be adding to your stress. Just remember to breathe, and check out some of the alternatives that Maria gave you the link to. You can get through this. Give yourself some time to calm down. There are a lot of other ways to cope with things. You don't deserve to be in pain. You're worth more than that. I hope that things work out for you.
PM me if you ever need to talk.
With hope,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: need a fix - October 11th 2009, 11:39 PM

Try and distract yoursef from the urges. try wanting a movie or doing something that takes your mind off it. Also talk to someone close to you, they can support you through this tough time. Look at the Alternatives thread to give you some ideas on what to do instead of self harm. Be strong, all feelings do go away you just have to distract yourself from them until they do. pm me anytime you need to talk
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: need a fix - October 11th 2009, 11:43 PM

Hey

Just wanted to throw a little support your way. I know things are really hard right now, but they'll get better. I promise. Not self-harming can take a lot of effort, but you have the strength, I know it. The urges pass, you just have to wait it out. Just remember to breathe and remember that no matter what is going on, you do not deserve pain, you deserve love.

Please give the link Gidig gave you a try. I really think the ideas there will help you.

If you ever need to rant or just talk, don't hesitate to PM me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need a fix - October 16th 2009, 12:21 AM

Thanx for all the replys ...means a lot have not tried the alternatives so will take your advice and try some of them.
have talked about whats going on with many people unfortunately its mainly to do with work and is unavoidable
that on top of a few other things i have going on just all piles up until i cant take anymore and i dont know how to sort it all out x

im just so tired of being here
suppresed by all my childish fears

these wounds wont seem to heal
this pain is just too real
theres just too much that time cannot erase

waterloo road fans http://petitions.tigweb.org/saveeddie

Closed Thread