TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crystal// Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Crystal Skye<3

Hes making me choose - October 12th 2009, 04:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

okay my bf knows i SH and me and him were talking and i said 'i wnna cut" he said "okay i cant take this anymore its cutting or me" what should i do i really like him but i know i cant quit just like that and he expects me too.

I stopped cutting on 10/22/09 <3

And knew that my bestfriend would always be there for me on 9/26/09 <3

"there are only two kinds of secrets; ones we hide from others and ones we keep from ourselves."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BrokenGirl Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leora

Re: Hes making me choose - October 12th 2009, 04:31 AM

Hi Crystal! well, i know what that can be like! if this boy really cares about you he should want to do what's best for you! you can try telling him that for him you will try your hardest to stop but he has to be patient because you may not be able to stop just like that! and if you care about him, while sometimes it might be hard and seem pointless to try, you can use him as a reason to try! if you know it hurts him, do your best to stop! i know it's hard but i also know you can do this! feel free to PM me if you need to talk! hang in there!

Leora

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Hes making me choose - October 12th 2009, 04:39 AM

You can quit cutting, you have to be strong and get all the support you can. try looking at the alternatives thread. they have ideas there that you can use when you feel the urge to self harm. When i self harmed my friends did the same thing to me. it's important to know that feelings come and go they never stay so when you do have the urge to cut distract yourself from the urge until it passes .also maybe try therapy, they can support you there to. Pm me if you need to chat
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OohLaLa Offline
I Missed TeenHelp =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Hes making me choose - October 12th 2009, 08:18 PM

hey =]
my boyfriend did this too, he said he loves me but when i hurt myself, it hurts him too.
he made me promise to stop, though i did cut again once but now i have been over 3 months without it and i dont think i will do it again.
if u really like him, make the effort to stop. it will be th hardest thing in ur life to do but it will be worth it.

Life is too short to be anything other than happy all the time ..

Life is great!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Katelyn Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katelyn

Re: Hes making me choose - October 13th 2009, 04:29 PM

I know how hard this can be. I had a lot of friends who said the same thing, and the truth is they probably just think they are doing the best thing for you. He is probably just as scared as you are about the whole thing, and I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is leave you when you need him, but I'm guessing that he thinks this is how he can help you. I hope you can make the effort to stop, because I'm guessing he really cares about you.

Good luck

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

All you need is love
&
Love is all you need

Closed Thread