TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
misleadjean Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: DJ Caldwell

I've been a burden to everyone for too long... - October 13th 2009, 01:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

this year is my sophemore year.
I like this guy who's nice to me, like really nice, he always cares and is there (he's also like this to everyone, he's just a really nice person)

today in english, he was become friends and talking to this girl who I used to be friends with. He wasn't talking to me at all, and the part that gets me is that she is horrible. She told my secrets to everyone, she gets everything

she wants and he has such a good personality it just kills me seeing them
talk. It got to me so bad I cried after class. I feel crazy, I know he doesn't like me, and that it should be ok by me if he talks to others, but for some reason it kills me that they are talking.

it got so bad I had to go home, about 10 minutes ago I went outside to slash up my legs. It's the only thing that seems to balance everything out for me. I've been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I can't seem to shake it. I feel like I'm losing everyone in my life and everything I had going for me is going downhill, fast.

"Leap, and the net will appear."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: I've been a burden to everyone for too long... - October 16th 2009, 06:33 PM

Hey there,
About that same time when I was in high school (sophomore year) there was a girl who was really mean to me. I chose to stop being friends with her, but I couldn't understand why none of my other friends could do the same. I totally understand how you feel. It's not fair at all that our friends sometimes can't find the will to stand up to those who aren't fair to us. Unfortunately, though, that's just how it is.

The good news is that it doesn't mean your friends care about you any less. You could still talk to this guy about how you're feeling about him associating with this girl. Just say that you want him to know the truth - that it hurts your feelings. If you're honest with him, he could probably better support you in these situations. Have faith in the fact that your friends love and care about you.

Please, try to use some of the self-harm alternatives next time you are triggered like that. I'm also ALWAYS here if you need a friend to talk to about these things. Feel free to private message or e-mail me, okay?
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
Closed Thread