TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Exclamation I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 12:40 AM

I am in PE class now... as in this school year... and the shorts arent... as long as I need them to be... and the always ride up... and I really want to cut on my leg... but if I do, the whole world sees... and people get some bad crap at my school for being gay, but that is almost NOTHING compared to being 'emo' or a 'cutter'. I cant take the shit that has been going on right now, and I already have to wear my wrist band again. Any ideas? I know I am going to SH 2night, any advice or support? PLease?

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Babity Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kaila

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 12:48 AM

ask if you can wear sweatpants or sweatshirts to class if you need to hide some cut scars. And ofcourse bandaides and blaming leg cuts on shaving (I use this excuse wayyy to much)

but in the mean time...I'd suggest using this sorta "fear" to prevent yourself from cutting. It's not the greatest advice but eh...

Compromise is not a sign of weakness. It is the strength to withstand caving to an ultimatum.
Living with one takes great strength

TH Buddy
VM me
PM me

Last time I cut myself
October 19th, 2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 12:49 AM

Its South Florida... at 7:50 Am its about 90 something degrees with humidity.. on a good day =( uhm.... ugh this sucks =(

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 03:02 AM

this likely isn't what you want to hear but if you have to wear shorts and don't have a choice I say it's good motivation to try and not do it as often or stop completely. I know quitting is hard but you can do it hun. Sorry I know this probably isn't of much help but otherwise I suggest you look at the coverup thread
<3 take care
Becca

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 08:50 AM

I agree with what has already been said. You should use it as a motivation to stop. Think how much easier it would be if you didn't have to constantly worry about covering your self harm. You wouldn't have to worry so much and you wouldn't be left with horrible scars. Could you try sweat bands? I hope PE goes ok for you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 10:18 AM

Hey Achava,

I completely agree that using this issue as motivation to stop is a very good idea. You do not deserve to hurt and you do not have to hurt yourself. There are people who can help you with this struggle and who want to help you through this, such as therapists and school counsellors. Actually talking to whoever teaches you sport would be a good idea - perhaps you could talk to them about wearing some different shorts if you like.
I'd like to direct you to the Cover-Up Tips article which is [here] and basically covers most, if not all of the options you have for covering up your cuts or scars. Of course, if the cuts are fresh then some of the suggestions (such as covering in make-up) are not appropriate.
Finally Achava, you are not 'emo' or a 'cutter' - both awful and inappropriate labels -you are you and you are struggling at the moment, that is all. If people do criticise or bully you about any issue like this then it's important that you talk to someone about what they're saying or doing to you. You don't deserve to be picked on for having a hard time.

Take care.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: I need some help... - October 16th 2009, 06:50 PM

could you not wear similar shorts of the same colour that are a bit longer?.. just say that you forgot your school shorts. a friend of mine used to wear similar shorts to our PE uniform ones but they were a bit less revealing. if your teacher has a problem with it then perhaps explain the situation or if you can't then just say you weren't comfortable wearing the PE shorts or that you lost them?.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread