TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Self Harm Awareness Advocate
Average Joe

Name: Alex Short

i hate my life! - January 19th 2010, 03:28 AM

so yesterday I started cutting again and then I cut again today. I thought I was getting under control, but I guess not. I just wish I could stop cutting. I've tried hiding my razor again, but I don't know if it will help at all. I hope it does. At this point I'm desperate to stop, but in reality I probably won't. I'm getting help from some of my friends, and I'm really thinking about talking to my youth leader or church pastor about this.

~Alex

Last day I cut: 7-13-2010

I believe in everyone that I help that they will get over whatever they are struggling with.

I regret nothing in my past. My past made me who I am today.

There is freedom from self harm feel free to email me anytime if you wanna chat at:
alexshort154@yahoo.com

Send a message via MSN to alex2010 Send a message via Yahoo to alex2010 Send a message via Skype™ to alex2010 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ohsnap! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Re: i hate my life! - January 19th 2010, 05:13 AM

It's great that you're at least trying to stop though. It was brave of you to reach out for help; that's something that a lot of people don't have the courage to do. If you think that talking to your youth leader or church pastor would help you, then you should definitely do that. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. :]
  Send a message via AIM to ohsnap!  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Average Joe

Re: i hate my life! - January 19th 2010, 10:54 PM

thank you very much

~Alex

I believe in everyone that I help that they will get over whatever they are struggling with.

There is freedom from self harm feel free to email me anytime if you wanna chat at:
alexshort154@yahoo.com

Send a message via MSN to alex2010 Send a message via Yahoo to alex2010 Send a message via Skype™ to alex2010 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i hate my life! - January 20th 2010, 01:20 AM

First things first, grab all the sharp objects in your room and dispose of them somehow so you will never be tempted by them, so you won't have to look at them or feel the urge to cut.
Try not to concentrate on the bad things in your life, try to concentrate on the good and the people who care about you, and don't tell me there isn't anything good because there is always something good. For example, you have a whole awesome supportive forum here who care about you, who are willing to help you and listen to your problems anytime!
I'm around if you need someone to vent out to or talk to, I kicked the habit of cutting, I know how it feels and I've been through alot of depression and in the phase where I hated life. It took a near death experience for me to realize what my life was worth. It also made me realize, when I was hurting, being in more pain such as wounds on my body or inflicting more pain on myself wasn't ever going to help me feel better, it wouldn't solve anything, it wouldn't ever help and so I got myself in a mindset where I kept reminding myself of that and telling myself it wasn't ever going to help me feel better so it was pointless, to the point where I put myself in a complete mindset I never cut again!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Average Joe

Re: i hate my life! - January 20th 2010, 02:21 AM

hey thank you very much

~Alex

alexshort154@yahoo.com

Closed Thread