TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tamsdon Dove

Red face guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:18 PM

to torment life like a cat and a ball of yarn, after class i asked my human teacher if i could ask her a private question. i said my friend was "like cutting herself" and who would find out if the "head" of school found out, like, would they tell her teachers and our friends?

she said that they're under confidentiality, who is it (i forget like the order of our conversation), i said i couldn't tell her, she talked about how the guidence ocuncelor (gave me the name of mine) would tell parents and an outside doctor and i should so i could help her.

is it terribly obvious that i am "my friend"? i truley wanted to know if the teachers were informed, but i actually talked to her. and i lied. and...i love talkinggg ! note: i've talked about this plenty before, but not face-to-face for awhile. gosh. do you think that she sounds interested in talking about this more? i dont mean like talking talking, i mean do you think she'll report what i said or ask me quietly like if i've decided to go to the guidence councelor and tell her my friend is doing that? ahhhhhh. :P

bring back the :rockon: smiley.
  Send a message via AIM to hellokitty Send a message via Yahoo to hellokitty  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:27 PM

well she might suspect that the friend is in fact you, however she can't just assume that, seeing as you've told her its a friend. i doubt she will tell anyone now, seeing as you didn't name the friend [obviously]. i think it would be a good idea if you spoke to this teacher more about the self harm issues, its helpful to talk to someone, especially a teacher who can put you in contact with other people who can help you. if you do decide to talk to this teacher more, be prepared that eventually your parents will be informed and you will have to deal with them. it sounds terrifying at the moment, however it gets easier, i promise. at first they'll probably be very shocked, even hurt that they didn't know about it, but at the end of the day they want what is best for you. if you find it easier talking to your teacher using the fact that you're finding out for a friend, then i don't see anything wrong with that, because at least your still getting help and support, eh?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:30 PM

Hmmm maybe.....She might ask you about it again or not..or just wait for you to bring it up again... How well do you know the teacher?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:31 PM

Wait i'm pretty sure u can go to guidnce counsler ...well at least my school u can and ulsee ur gonna kill urself i don't think their'll tell ur parents.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:44 PM

i dont know her very well. i dont even know why i did it, i can' tbelieve i did. i hope she brings it up again. im happy i did.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely without him View Post
Wait i'm pretty sure u can go to guidnce counsler ...well at least my school u can and ulsee ur gonna kill urself i don't think their'll tell ur parents.
i think most schools would in fact inform parents if they discovered a student was self harming.. not just if they thought you were suicidal. if not, then the teacher would definitely inform your head of year or the guidance counsellor at your school, who intern would probably be in contact with your parents. either way, you have to be prepared for the fact that your parents will eventually find out.. and its not a bad thing that they do find out, because then they can help you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:47 PM

yeah, i know abotu the parents thing. they knew i did last year, and it's done. ok? focus on last post.....

(#8 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 2nd 2009, 07:52 PM

well i'm glad you're happy that you did bring it up with the teacher, if she does mention it again then you can go from there i guess.. i don't quite see what your asking in your last post? are you looking for advice on how you should talk to her when/if she does bring up this topic with you?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
hellokitty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: guess what i said todayyy - February 3rd 2009, 03:46 PM

and i brought it up with my psycology teacher. i really dont like my teachers, but i dont not like those two. im a teachernizer. :P

and im in a bad mood because of something i read about angelina jolie. she said something like "blood is romantic" and how she "was in bed with knives" idiot.

Closed Thread