TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Who cares - February 11th 2009, 02:12 AM

I'm not addicted to self harm yet.
Haven't done it more than ten times.
But I've been thinking, who cares if I one day soon am?
Who cares if it ruins my life. How much worse could I feel?
I don't care anymore what I do that has an affect on my life.
Including self harm. Hell, I'll do whatever it takes to feel better.
I haven't badly hurt myself. I know when to stop and how not to go to far. I won't go to far.
So what's the danger?

Maybe stopping would be the danger...

What's so bad about it if it makes you feel better, anyways??
Someone might hate me for saying this but...I want to self harm.
Maybe it's the only way for people to believe me. To take me seriously.
Maybe it will be the only way to prove that I'm not okay. No one will listen any other way.

I don't wanna stop. Is that so wrong?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: Who cares - February 12th 2009, 06:36 PM

Not wrong. Dangerous.

Have you read the post "before you make the first cut?" You need to, it has everything to do with this.

If you start this habit, and it WILL become a habit, you won't be able to say *oh, I won't go too deep I can control this*. As time goes on you won't get the relief unless you cut a little deeper. In more places. More often.

I know it's a release for now but when you have scars/bruises/cuts you have to conceal, YOU will care how much worse your life can get. Things you never had to worry about will now become obsessions. Even when your situation gets better you'll still want to sometimes. And it's very hard to stop, depression or no depression.

Sorry to rant...you just sounded like me when I first started...and I for one care that you don't do that to yourself any more than you already have. Please, at least realize the risk. PM me if you want but I know there are several people on here and in your life who would care.

-MM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
M... Offline
I refuse to give up. I think.
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Who cares - February 12th 2009, 06:47 PM

Amanda,
Look at it this way, you'll get to a point and get really good at covering up taking care of them, and you'll go further, it happens, trust me.. That point where you stop, isn't gonna be at that point for long. Amanda I see what you post sround here, and you seem like a wicked nice and awesome person, and that alone makes me care and want you to know, that you might not think you'll go anyfurther but you will. Look I don't want to see you go down this road I really don't, talk to someone do anything, just don't go and start this, put out the fire while you can. What starts as a match can turn into a forest fire rather quickly. And I have to tell you, you will care when it starts to ruin your life, you will be afraid and you won't know how to fix it all, please, I beg you don't go down this road. You can find different ways to make things better, I know you can. Please don't do this, if not for me, if not for the people around you, if not for the ones who care about you, do it for you, but you have to think about how many people this will affect, everyone you love, you'll end up pushing away because of this. I care. Please, stop while you can. Please.
♥~Emily~♥
P.S. PM me anytime, if you want to talk or antything okay? I'm here for you. *hug*

Rest In peace Monica, I miss you 1-3-10
I owe you my life, more than once over. And the only thing I can do, is 'Thank you.'
I last self harmed on June 9, 2009.

I'm always here. For anyone, who needs anything. No matter what.
~Emily~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Who cares - February 12th 2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

I don't care anymore what I do that has an affect on my life.
You should. You should care about what happens to you, you should care that you are harming yourself purely to escape from whatever you are trying to escape from. No amount of people saying “I care” will make you change your mind. This is something you have to care about in order to change your life around. And find healthy alternatives to release your stress and anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

I don't wanna stop. Is that so wrong?
I think so. I do not believe that anyone should harm themselves or others. You know, I have replied to your posts in the Religion forum where you feel you have a lack of a connection with god. And this may be one of those reasons you are feeling like this. You know that god would not want you to harm yourself, and it is easier to pull away and pretend that either god does not exist or that self harming is not a problem, but pretending something is not there when it is, that is a problem. I know when I self harmed it was hard for me to have a connection with my gods. And when I finally overcame my addiction I just felt that much closer to them. Like I proved to them that I could take care of myself and all that they have given me.
Does this make you a bad person? No. But it does mean that you need to do some soul searching. What is important to you? Who is worthy of being free from self harm?

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
chanise Offline
Forever&Always
Average Joe

Re: Who cares - February 12th 2009, 06:56 PM

Hiyah.
I’m really sorry that you are feeling like this no one deserves to. Im sure there are people who would care if you had to result in S.H to feel better, like family friends and us on TH including myself. I know things must seem bad at the moment for you not to care how your life is affected. But maybe in time you could possibly change your mind? Trust me S.H is not the way forward and there are many dangers doing so. Being addicted is something which can easily happen before you realize and very hard to break out of when you decide to change your life around.
Stopping will be preventing you from danger, Have you tried speaking to anyone how you feel?
Take care for me x

Always happy to help =)
I Love Andrea.... =)
Forever.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

Re: Who cares - February 14th 2009, 09:15 PM

What another person said is true. It is definitely dangerous. Right now it might just be really shallow and superficial cuts... but after awhile you'll get deeper and deeper, and those cuts will take longer to heal. You'll have more to hide, and more shame when they're noticed. It will be easier to get out now, than when you're 2 or 3 months down the road.
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
Closed Thread