TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaitlin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlin

Unhappy Finally in a good situation but worried... - July 27th 2010, 01:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm moving in with my best friend next month for my last year of high school. My parents are still trying to find away around it though, but we dont have the money to send me to school anymore and the public school here is so bad. I was scared for awhile but now that it's basically been decided and I've talked to her and her parents about it I feel a lot more comfortable with the situation. But lately I've been having really bad rages. I don't know what causes them but they get really bad. Like I'm a child with a tantrum. I need to break things but all breaking things does is sooth the anger. I don't want to go into a rage while I'm living there. And the only way I know to calm it at all is of course cutting, which 5 people live there, I'm scared it'll get noticed. I'd control the rages if I could but I don't know how. I get so mad over nothing. I drop something not that important and suddenly im full blown screaming and hitting things and freaking out. I don't know why and I'm so worried I'll go into a rage while i'm living there, especially since i've been raging off and on for the past couple weeks and it hasn't stopped yet. I just don't know how to control myself without cutting.

Send a message via AIM to Kaitlin Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitlin 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Finally in a good situation but worried... - July 27th 2010, 02:05 AM

Hey Kaitlin,

Anger is a hard thing to deal with, and I can sympathize with what you are struggling with. It sounds like there's a lot going on in your life right now, and perhaps the main way to tackle this anger problem is to find the source of the anger in the first place.

Sit down and make a list of the things that you feel are the main causes of your anger. Maybe it's the fact that your parents can't afford schooling, and that you are no longer able to live at home. Regardless of what it is, there's a reason you've been lashing out.

Once you feel you've found the source of your anger, find someone you can talk to about the things causing your anger. Maybe your best friend will be there for you when and if you need to talk things through with her. You also might want to considering seeing a therapist if that's possible financially.

Here'sa list of ways to calm down when you are feeling angry. Try to come up with some techniques, see what helps calm you down when you need to. The trick is being prepared, knowing how to deal with the anger when it becomes an issue again.

You also might want to talk to the people you will be living with and let them know that this has been going on. That way they can work with you towards overcoming this and they will be more understanding if you should ever become angry while they are around.

I hope this helps, and that you're able to resolve some of these issues soon. Good luck. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread