TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
silent_one12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Starting again... - February 19th 2009, 09:13 PM

Well I have been doing pretty good with myself for the past couple of weeks. I was happy and getting back to my old self. Now it feels like things are getting back to what they were and I am feeling depressed again and missing my grandma again. Everyone tells me that its the music I listen to. Maybe it is a little bit...but I sit and think of things that are going on and things that have happened and it makes me depressed and I think I might start harming again and I haven't in weeks ...urgh and I was doing so good
  Send a message via MSN to silent_one12  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Starting again... - February 19th 2009, 09:30 PM

Hey hun, I'm really sorry you're going through this, but it's okay that you are feeling this way. Everyone deals with things at their own pace so don't feel bad that the depression is coming back.

Is there anyone you can talk to about this. A parent or sibling could be really helpful when dealing with a loss in the family. It's always really good to have support and this way they will know what you're going through.

Hmm music can definitely affect your mood, and if you think this is causing some of your depression why not just try switching your music up for awhile. And as for the SH, that's amazing that you have gone weeks without it. That shows just how much strength you have. You can get through this, I know you can. And if the urge wont go away, talk to someone. Have you ever talked to a counselor about this? They can be really helpful if you find one you can open up with.

I hope your doing okay and if you ever need someone to talk to, pm me.
<3 emily

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LillyImp Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lilly

Re: Starting again... - February 19th 2009, 09:36 PM

Stay strong. Try putting limits on yourself, they've really helped me.
Example: I want to SH, but I have to wait till, after this show/ after dinner/ tommorow/ till I talk to a friend.
Or: I will not SH in my bedroom etc.

And music really effects your mood, what are you listening too? I'm hardcore into music, pm me if you want some happy bands?

Good luck, we're all here for you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Starting again... - February 19th 2009, 10:57 PM

You've been doing so well! People can have bad days, but you just have to find alternatives to hurting yourself so that you can deal with them in a much healthier way.

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad at the moment, no one should ever have to feel that way, but you've just got to keep strong and hang on. If you're listening to music to purposely depress you then thats not a good idea, but if you listen to it because you like it then thats ok. Everyone has different tastes in music, just try to do something to take your mind off of the bad thoughts.

x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Starting again... - February 20th 2009, 10:45 AM

Hey,
You have been happy so it is possible for you to be happy again. Life is full of ups and downs but no matter how bad it gets you shouldn't give in to self harming. You still are doing well, because you have managed to resist self harm. It might help to talk about the things that are making you want to self harm. When you feel like self harming think about how bad you will feel if you do it. I am here if you ever need someone to talk to. I hope you feel a little better soon :-)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Starting again... - February 22nd 2009, 08:41 AM

hey there.

sometimes people go through what we call a relapse ..which is what happens when we think about the past you dont have to keep telling yourself "its over" actually. you just have to remember that there's a lot of other things you could do.. and that remember everything now is much better than it once was

the UTMOST important thing to remember is that you have everyone's support here. No one , not in real life and here (well since the people here are real, this could be considered real life as well ) want you to SH again. just get a good book, or listen to some touching music that can make you happy again ... and maybe a good romantic comedy wouldnt go amiss

and maybe you should change the music to cheerful music.. it might take some getting used to, but it'll definitely help you

always supportive!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread