TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kaycee

Points: 9,489, Level: 14 Points: 9,489, Level: 14 Points: 9,489, Level: 14

Angry Pregnant and thinking of slef harm again - November 10th 2010, 07:54 PM

I'm not really sure were exactly this belongs as it has so many places it could be so forgive me if I've posted it in the wrong place please move it to were it belongs...

I'm four months pregnant and recently started thinking of old habbets.
About six months ago I cut for the last time. I got my mother out of my life she took grandma with her and moved to Georgia. My mom has been my biggest trigger for so long I started cutting when I was 18 and started because my mothers partner passed away and I had to be there for mom many times I couldn't cry or deal with nancy's passing one thing led to another I started poking myself with my name tag from work and this in time lead up to using a razor. I lost my grandpa two years ago and about six months maybe less I got back in contact with my dad. he has been working with me on quitting cutting and other problems I moved out of my grandmas house were at one point Nancy mom grandpa grandma and I all lived together mom has a drug problem and it got worse after Nancy passed when grandpa passed I started cutting a lot mom went to Georgia and grandma's electric got cut off. this is when we found out she had Alzheimer a year after grandpa passed. I called the electric company and found out the last bill that was paid was right before grandpa passed so I knew I couldn't pay that bill so I brought her to live with me. mom came back from Georgia and because she wanted a free ride and didn't want to help herself through out the summer she stayed in grandma's house with no electric. the winter came and I made the bad choice and brought my mother to live with me also. kept cutting off and on tho my dad was there for me and I had cut back on it. Mom got us kicked out of two places. the last one I littlery lost everything I had. because the cops had done an investigation on my mom and I was unable to remove my belongs. I cut the last time when this was all starting it was the worst I'd ever cut I still have deep scars from it and honestly I prob should have gone to the hospital but I was too afraid to go so my boyfriend and my friends stayed close to me like always kept an eye on me stopped me more then once from committing suicide. Dealt with a stoker who caused his fare share of problems because he wanted to come between my boyfriend and I. Stopped talking to my blood family and started depending on my true family (my dad is not my blood father) slowly things got better and I haven't thought of cutting. Until now that is.... there was a time when I used to dream about cutting and I'd wake up and find there was blood dried blood. As I said I'm four months pregnant and recently I've started dreaming about cutting again thankfully I have not woken up with any cuts and The day I found out I had my best friend James go through everything find all the razors (there was a time that I didn't know were they all were I'd hide them and not remember were they were until I needed one) and throw them all out I have this knife I carry when I go out because its not safe were I live plus it comes in handy for other things and normally I only use razors I don't like knives can't explain why I just don't so knives have always been fairly safe around me. I'm not sure why I want to start cutting again tho everything is going well I'm looking for an apartment with my boyfriend of six years and I'm usually happy yes I have my down moments and hormones mess with me sometimes but that's normal the difference between when I used to cut compared to now is that back then I couldn't cry I've learned how to and do now back when I cut every day I had stopped crying entirely for about three years cutting replaced that so I don't understand why I'm thinking about cutting again having to fight the erge to go get more razors and avoiding the store that carry's the brand I like the most (I don't know why but I'm very picky about what I use) I started dreaming again about it and that scares me because I used to cut in my sleep I thought I was passed this.. I thought this was over that I had beet this.. moved on when I got my mom out of my life things got so much better. so why am I all the sudden going back down this road? why can't I just be happy? my friends are my family now and have been there for me through all this.... I am about to start my own family start my own life... that's a good thing right? what if I start cutting again... I don't want to hurt this baby. I don't want to do anything that will cause harm to my child ever I only want the best I've started eating better taking the vitamins doing everything the Dr says but what if I start cutting again? I'm so scared I'm going to end up like my mother... and the funny thing is before she did drugs she used to cut too.. (I don't like to say someone is or was a cutter cutting is something we do not who we are) I'm crying again.... I know that is hormones but is it passable that the need to cut is also part of the hormones? what should I do? should I try to go back to counseling? will they even help me or will they say its all cause your prago? someone please help. I feel like I'm going crazy.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant and thinking of slef harm again - November 10th 2010, 08:22 PM

Heeyy bloodredrose
Your problem is tricky... I would go on the teenhelp live help oporater thread and talking to them a while.I Would also suguest trying not to be alone as much as posible. And avoiding Thiss brand you like so much ... If you ever need some on to talk to Feel freebto PM me anytime and I'll do my best to help. Hope I've been a help.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 9,086, Level: 13 Points: 9,086, Level: 13 Points: 9,086, Level: 13

Re: Pregnant and thinking of slef harm again - November 11th 2010, 12:19 AM

PM me if you need too.
If you really want this child, try to stay away from the urge.
But, like Teenagegypsy said, you need the Live Operator Thread.
They'll help you better.
=)=)=)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kaycee

Points: 9,489, Level: 14 Points: 9,489, Level: 14 Points: 9,489, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant and thinking of slef harm again - November 11th 2010, 08:59 AM

Half the time the help link is off line or im using my cell to post like right now. I have removed my family from my life because they were my triggers well mostly it was my mom the rest i keep at arms length. I got ride of my razors i dont even use one to shave i use the cream. I just dont understand why all the sudden im thinking about it again and having dreams about it
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant and thinking of slef harm again - November 11th 2010, 01:25 PM

Try to surond yourself with your friends and boyfriend ? And maybe you could use an internet café to get proper survice. And rember you can allways PM me. Keep us posted ! Hope I've bean a help
Closed Thread