TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
transboi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I feel like I am unable to stop... - December 9th 2010, 07:20 PM

Hi, im new here and dnt really know what im doing(towards this post) but i guess i'll say i need someone to help me or something....
I have been harming my self, id rather not say but you guys prob. kow what, since i was in 6th grade and at first it was very, very, few times I would do it.
But now, being in ninth grade, moving to another district, bullies at school... i cant handle i
It seems to have become a habit, at least 2 times a day... just enough to draw a small amount of blood.. I get fustrated because I feel like I want more of it, even though it leaves marks...
idk.. i feel like im addicted to the pain.. someone just talk to me please, tell me if u feel liek this, how i can stop.. somethin

Last edited by transboi; December 9th 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Rewording a sentance

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: I feel like I am unable to stop... - December 10th 2010, 07:46 AM

Hey there.

It's good that you've been able to post here. I know that it's not easy asking for help, but you have, and that shows that you really want to break this habit.

To start with, I'll link you to some alternatives to self harm, which can help when you're feeling triggered.

Another thing you may find helpful is talking to somebody about what's going on. A friend, a relative, a counsellor. It doesn't matter, as long as they're supportive and accepting.

Remember that self harm can quickly become addictive, or spiral out of control. That's why it's important not to let it get the best of you. Know that you can overcome it. Believe that you can. You'd be amazed how far positive thinking will get you.

Good luck!

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#3 (permalink)) Old
transboi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like I am unable to stop... - December 10th 2010, 07:59 PM

thankyou
and i talk to a social studies teacher in my school, he is the only thing that helps, my bf helps to.. but, it doesnt stop me from wanting to sometimes
thank you for replieing and thank you for the link

Closed Thread