TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

part of me - December 10th 2010, 03:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hey i have been cutting for like four years now and its like it has become a part of me. it's part of my daily ritual. i cant imagine stopping. i wouldnt know what to do.i'd go insane, but it is hurting the people i love to see all the scars and wounds on my arms. i want to stop for them. but i just dont know how. i love it. i love the feeling and i love seeing the blood but people are worried about me. its the only way i know how to deal with things. i've tried to stop before. and i have tried many alternatives, but i always come back to cutting. i dont think i even want to stop. [Edited] but i know i need help and i am willing to get help for my boyfriend cuz he wants me to be healthy and happy (even though cutting makes me happy)
i love him so i am doing this for him!

Last edited by Counted Heart.; December 14th 2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Please avoid tip-sharing.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Macklemoist Offline
The show goes on
Average Joe

Name: Sabreena

Re: part of me - December 11th 2010, 03:44 AM

Amanda,
Well first off all sorry to hear about this addiction ( I say addiction becauase to me it sounds like you are addicted to it.)
I have cut before, what I did is I hid my scissors or threw them out. If you use something elese just throw it out or put it in something with a lock and key and hide the key...
Just try to keep your mind off of it and do other things.
Hope this helped!! =]
xXx

Allow yourself to develop in all aspects of life- cut out from toxic people and realize it's for the best. Love yourself endlessly, and even if you don't love yourself right now, fake it until you do.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
VeganOut Offline
I am Jill's broken heart
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha

Re: part of me - December 11th 2010, 04:43 AM

Hey there Amanda, first off I just wanna say that I'm glad that you're willing to get help. That's a huge step in getting over this! But I agree, throwing out anything you use to harm yourself is something you should definitely do. (Especially those candy canes! Get in the holiday spirit some other way ) You can get over this and stop if you really try to. As long as you keep looking for alternatives and never give up..even when those alternatives aren't working out. I'm also here if you need any help along the way. Good luck!

kissmeimavegetarian@hotmail.com
i counted and i found you
my turn to hide, now you count

come find me...
  Send a message via AIM to VeganOut Send a message via MSN to VeganOut  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: part of me - December 11th 2010, 03:18 PM

Hey Amanda,
First, I'd like to suggest not using a candy cane since it's sticky and probably not the safest thing to do.
I know how much it sucks when the alternatives don't work. Have you tried the butterfly project? Since you want to do this for the people that love you perhaps it'll help. I think there is a thread somewhere in the SH forum but I'm not sure.
I think the biggest thing you could do to stop would be to get some sort of counseling or something. And remember that you're better than this and you can stop.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Re: part of me - December 13th 2010, 01:57 PM

i actually did try the butterfly project but i did it with stars cuz i couldnt draw butterflies.
and like half my arm was covered in stars. and i got in trouble at school and had to wash it off. i was diagnosed with a personality disorder called borderline personality disorder.
so i am always wanting to cut and take my life and its severe at this time. but i am getting help and my case worker should be comming to see me any day now...
and a candy cane was all i had at the moment when i used them, and my siccors are really dull i need something new.

Closed Thread