TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TrustingThePain Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brianne

Thumbs down aching - February 24th 2009, 01:49 AM

I don't know if anyone else feels this but...
When I want to cut my arm aches, actually aches, and my brain freaks out like its going in over time. I want to see the blood, smell it, feel it run down my arm.I haven't cut in almost a year, but i really really really really really want to. But my kids, if I didn't have them and if I wasn't on watch with the future soldier bs, I would be laying my arm open on a daily basis. It's crazy, my whole pregnancy I didn't want to cut, even when Anthony had disappered. I wanted to drink, but I never wanted to cut, When I was pregnant with the twins I wanted to cut all the time. and now it starts up again when our lifes are finally back on track, and Lucas has finally stepped up and took responsibility for knockin' up my sister. Now, when the only thing that is wrong is Anthony is in BCT, and I miss him. Stupid! Compared to all of the problems we did have him beiong gone is so trivial. ahggg. Sorry thanks for reading my rant.

Let the attempting conception begin!
(In June 2010)

Military Spouse, Toughest Job In the Military!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: aching - February 24th 2009, 06:12 PM

Hey Brianne,

I havent felt the exact way you have and experienced aches, but the rest of it im familiar with (unfortunately). I know how hard it is to try and resist that when it feels so strong, and you feel like you "have to" to calm down, stop the aches etc. There are other ways though, i promise!

The way your brain feels like its going into overdrive, do you have a place you can go where you feel calmer and relaxed and safe? If you dont maybe you could find a place like this? I like to sit in my wardrobe ('tho thats a bit strange!) and it slows my mind down a bit.

If you feel that you want to see the blood, try getting a red watercolour pencil and putting water on it then drawing on your arm. It looks like blood coming out because its red and liquid? It might get you past that initial urge to do it and see blood.

Your problems arent trivial! If they are worrying you and making you upset, wanting to self harm etc then they are important. Does anyone know how your feeling or about your self harm? Maybe you could talk to them about it.

Take care
Jen
x

PM // VM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: aching - February 25th 2009, 10:25 AM

hey Brianne. The urge to cut is a tough thing to ignore so congrats to you for pushing through. The urge to cut doesnt nessecary mean you have to be upset or depressed, it could just be a random urge.. its an addiction. like smoking.. You want a fag when your stressed.. but you also want one when your not..
but a year is an amazing feat!! go you hun
PM me anytime =]
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
Closed Thread