TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JessColleen Offline
Humanoid.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess

Angry And the point of this is. . ? - December 18th 2010, 07:40 PM

I'm Jess.
I can't be fucked with being pleasant, even if it's not etiquette. I'll probably hate my self for it later, but I just don't want to be.

So, now I'm just gonna ask, what's even the point in stopping? Everyone has some kind of addiction, whether they want to admit it or not. And SI is much better than most. It carries no risk of death, if you're careful about it. And even if you don't, what this big problem with death? For most of us, dying is the most natural thing we'll ever do. And then agan, are we even missing anything? Look around you. I don't want to live in this mess, and I have a pretty damn good life! Or is the ultimate reason to just enjoy yourself, make the most of it? Doesn't that require you to like emotions? Well then, that's out. Why the fuck are we here.

Seriously. What on earth is the point.

But you can even argue, why am I posting this? The truth is, I don't know, and I shouldn't be because this is so selfish of me.

I'm not suicidal. But I don't want to recover. This is my clarity. And I'm not giving it up.

Hey. Y'know, you're gorgeous. Don't change, yeah?

Last edited by Counted Heart.; December 19th 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Adding prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Smile Re: And the point of this is. . ? - December 18th 2010, 10:26 PM

Yes people have addcitions and they all try to stop them if its drugs, alchol, cutting or whatever. The point of stopping is to be good to your body to tell your self you are bueatifull and prescious and that because you are all those things you shouldnt hurt yourself. Cutting dosent slove anything so why do it? I know it feels good but in the long run its not worth it trust me.

Jess you are so much better than this addiction of self harm god does not want you to cut yourself. Emotions are a part of life and being happy is okay. The world is filled with pain and suffering but there is all so happy things. Nobody wants to live in this mess but you just got to work through it and find the light at the end of the tunnel which is not easy I know but you can. If you dont have a therapist I think it would be good to get one you seem depressed but im no doctor.

A therapist will help you stop cutting and why stop cutting because cutting means your in that dark tunnel and when you stop cutting you can finally live your life and not be so sad all the time. Like all addictions we need to stop them we need to just give them up. When you stop cutitng you feel better about yourself. The point of living is to love and be loved to be happy to find joy and happiness in your life. Not saying life will allways be happy we all go through hard stuff now an then that make us sad.

Do you think recovering means it will change who you are? Well it wont it will just make you a happier person and make you see that you dont need to self harm. There is so much fun stuff in this world like going out with friends going to the movies shopping. Maybe hang out with your friends more let your self have a good time and be happy its okay.

Please pm me if you need anything I really do care about you if you need anything please pm me or email me my email is chrissey40@ymail.com. Huggss jess
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
Closed Thread