TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
georgelynn:) Offline
If yOu EveR fELt REjeCteD...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Exclamation My friend :'( - December 27th 2010, 05:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

..just told me he's starting cutting himself.
Basically, his story is he was madly in love with my best friend and she left him for someone else.
How do i get him to stop?

Text from just now:

"I'm really sorry about this but i broke the promise i made to you..i cut myself.. i slit my wrists..."

Please help me

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~*Rach*~ Offline
FREE HUGS! :D
Not a n00b

Re: My friend :'( - December 27th 2010, 06:27 AM

Hi Michelle,
You sound like such a caring friend How lucky he is to have you <3
Does your friend see a counsellor or something?? Cutting is a serious problem. It becomes addictive. And sometimes... You can goo too far. It's not a good thing to get involved in.
If your friend doesnt, I would seriously be trying to talk him into it. As a cutter, I know it's incredibly scarey to talk about. Reassure him, you will be there when he comes out. Remind him you arent going anywhere.
BUT
I urge you to seek an adults help. You are an amazing friend, an are helping him by being there. But helping a cutter is really draining. Dont let yourself be pulled down into it too. You can love and support him. Just share it with someone.
If he refuces to go to a doctor or a counsellor then maybe is time to get hs parents, or a teacher or an adult that you and he both trusts in on this problem.

I wish you ALL the luck and I hope things work out for you and your friend. My PM box is always open <3 Feel free to fill it.
Good luck gorgeous,
Love,
Rach
xxxxxx

Smile!!
You are gorgous! Always remember that
Feel Free to PM me any time.
"The fear of fighting is a fighting fear"

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: My friend :'( - December 28th 2010, 02:31 AM

Be there for him the best you can. The pain never stays, it will go away. That little whore (Forgive me for insulting her) played with his feelings, leaving him. She embodies everything I hate, how dare she play with someone then throw them aside.

Your friend doesnt need that little whench, he is much more than she is, in body and mind.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
lost_soul Offline
:)
Average Joe

Re: My friend :'( - December 30th 2010, 03:40 PM

You're an amazing friend for being there for him and worrying so dearly <3
Basically, your friend is upset and torn about your best friend, and he's found a way to escape the pain through cutting. It's a new thing at the moment though, not even a habit yet, and he really should stop before it becomes an addiction. Talk to him, show him these posts if it would help, explain how worried you are about him, open his mind to the fact that your best friend not liking him isn't the end of the world, and he can feel better without cutting.

If your words make no difference, try and get him to see a counsellor. It's scary as hell going to a counsellor and confessing that you cut. So, so scary. So, suggest he should go just to talk through his issues with somebody outside of the situation. Make sure he understands that he doesn't have to tell the counsellor about his cutting just yet, if he can solve his feelings about your best friend by talking to a counsellor, the cutting might just stop without him having to 'fess up to the counsellor. Just make sure he feels comfortable.

I'm sorry you have to deal with it, I know how scary it is to have a friend who cuts. Make sure you look after yourself too darling, if you want to talk things through with somebody, call a helpline, or message me or anybody else on this site, or see a counsellor yourself. Good luck and take care <3

PM me anytime, I love helping people and will do my best to help you <3

And if I bleed, I'll bleed knowing you don't care
~ Evanescence, Missing

Closed Thread