TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 07:25 PM

Is it justafiable to cut more so that I don't have a huge scar on my thigh that says slut?

Just Keep Breathing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 08:28 PM

i know people probably tell you all the time that you shouldnt cut. But i have to be one of them. Cutting only takes the pain you feel inside for shorts moments. I used to cut. I have scars all over me. And trust me, when you think your only cutting for new pain your not. Your going to do what i once did and i cut earning me a trip to the hospital. PLease understand that no one wants to see you cut. Its not worth it. One day you wont be here to take it back. Just think about all the good that comes out of cutting.. There isnt any.. Yes it takes some pain away but it adds some new. Yes it makes some scars but are they worth it? Do what i do.. I stick an ice cube where ever i want to cut at and that spot goes numb. it wont make you bleed and it still gives you a little pain.. Like the numb part. It wont kill you and it will make you stronger. Get a red marker and pretend its a knife and draw where you want to cut. it looks like blood and again it dont leave scars. There is always going to be pain in life. but its what you do with the life you get that counts.

PolkaDotGiraffe Loves MustangMaggot10

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: raeann

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:00 PM

what if you can't stick to the numbness or fake cuts...what if your "addicted" to cutting, to causeing yourself bodily harm...what if the only way you see an out is to cut...what if you've been to hundereds of theripists and they've only ever givein you depression pills or you freak the theripist out and they send you to another...
depression is the real murderer not you it wasn't suicide it was an out mom...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:10 PM

No, its not justifiable.

You're still causing yourself harm and thats obviously not a good thing.

You can cover it up with makeup, wear pants, or use neosporin or some other creams to help reduce the image of the scars that will be left on your leg, but cutting over it wont do anything other than harm yourself more. /:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyIsLoveSoHardToFind? View Post
what if you can't stick to the numbness or fake cuts...what if your "addicted" to cutting, to causeing yourself bodily harm...what if the only way you see an out is to cut...what if you've been to hundereds of theripists and they've only ever givein you depression pills or you freak the theripist out and they send you to another...
depression is the real murderer not you it wasn't suicide it was an out mom...

No offense to anyone.. But depression isnt the real murderer. If you are going to cut and it kills you then you are the murderer. Not depression. If you think about it, depression is treatable. Get put on meds for it. Just like i did. If you dont take action and dont wanna help yourself then you need to blame yourself. You cant blame an emotion for the scars on your arm or the debt family goes in for a funeral. Honey you can do whatever you want, you need to set your mind to it.

Try growing up watching your father beat your mother
try growing up switching schools 8 times a year.
try growing up cutting and being in the hospital about to die if they dont stop the bleeding. If you think an ice cube or markers wont help then they wont. But if you believe it will then it will

i used to say the same thing. Thats stupid that wont help. No one can help me.. And it was true the couldnt help me. Because someone my mind was set on failure. But once i MADE myself believe that if cutting was the only option then i didnt deserve to be here in the first place. And life was given to you. Take advantage and even if it gets rough laugh it off. One day it will be over and do you wanna look back and realize that if you didnt cut would it have changed my life different then now. YES it will. it all changes. Justwatch out. Its your choice but an emotion cant kill anyone. Its just like the saying Guns dont kill people, people kill people. Its the same with cutting.
Cutting dont kill people. The person cutting is killing themselves. They just dont know it.

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyellen1637 View Post
No, its not justifiable.

You're still causing yourself harm and thats obviously not a good thing.

You can cover it up with makeup, wear pants, or use neosporin or some other creams to help reduce the image of the scars that will be left on your leg, but cutting over it wont do anything other than harm yourself more. /:

Its true. Cutting over it will cause more pain and harm.
Just remember people have it worse then you in other countries. And if they can smile about it why cant you. Just try. If you need a friend to support you and help you through then just email anyone on TH. we all love it here and want to help you as much as possible. Non of us want to see anyone EVER hurting themselves. If you wouldnt wish it on someone else, then dont wish it on yourself.

I love you Tim.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:35 PM

It seems like a lot of these posts have nothing to do with your question.

I think it'd be better if you use the ways to try and heal the scar better. It might not even scar that bad, I know mine don't. Time and possibly scar products and makeup are the best thing.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 28th 2010, 09:46 PM

People have already talked about the problems of cutting, so I'm going to answer your question.
No, it is not justifiable. It will heal faster the less that is cut. Wanting to take away the word slut is an excuse to do it more, so try and push that thought from your mind.
Try not to cut anymore, you can do it!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 02:06 AM

I'm just scared to death. I didn't really realize what I was doing. I was angry and regretting things and I wanted to punish myself for being that way and now what if my thigh says slut forever? What guy wants slut scar girl? I just hate everything right now.

Just Keep Breathing

(#10 (permalink)) Old
WhoAmI? Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Cox10 View Post
Try growing up watching your father beat your mother
try growing up switching schools 8 times a year.
try growing up cutting and being in the hospital about to die if they dont stop the bleeding. If you think an ice cube or markers wont help then they wont. But if you believe it will then it will

@Mrs. Cox10 I don't think these "my pain is worse than yours" lists help anyone, if anything it makes them feel stupid, useless and unworthy of help. Which is not the case because everyone deserves help and everyones pain means something and is equal.

@OP- Blair I know where you're coming from but I don't think you should do it, chances are it may not read "slut" when it's healed, it may just be lines and might not even scar

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 03:09 AM

Maybe they'll just be vague lines but what if it does say slut forever?

Just Keep Breathing

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 03:27 AM

There are some creams that can reduce the look of scars if it does scar.
Try using some neosporin and/or some cocoa butter on it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#13 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 03:36 AM

I won't bother detailing what everyone has already said; it's not justifiable.
As to the scarring, for now, use lots of neosporin. Even after the cuts are healed, use it. This may sound weird; but sunscreen will help too; it's really good for your skin and actually does help with scaring. If noticeable marks are left behind, there are special creams you can buy at any drugstore that are specifically for reducing and removing scarring.

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

(#14 (permalink)) Old
put my heart out on the table
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 29th 2010, 10:54 PM

I agree that it's not quite justifiable. I can see where you're coming from, though. I know it's tough when you've carved something into yourself, then are looking for a reason to do it again... it's pretty tough. Try to resist those urges though! You're stronger than they are.
"No temptation has overcome you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you can overcome it."

You'll make it through! Just keep going- even when it's hard like this. If you want to talk, just send a PM and I'll do whatever I can for you.

*hugs and love*

"If I held my ground
Would you ask me to change?
This drought bleeds on
Now we're dancing for rain
We drink the air
But it's still not the same
These worlds collide
Yet the distance remains
We point the finger
Never accept the blame"

(#15 (permalink)) Old
lost_soul Offline
:)
Average Joe

Re: Carved "slut" into my leg - December 30th 2010, 03:29 PM

Don't cut anymore, the scars will heal, in time. Use creams and whatnot to help the process. You don't deserve any more pain than what you've already experienced <3 I hope you feel better soon, message me any time, I'm here to help

PM me anytime, I love helping people and will do my best to help you <3

And if I bleed, I'll bleed knowing you don't care
~ Evanescence, Missing

Closed Thread