TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HurtAndLost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elissa

Why I cut - December 29th 2010, 04:26 AM

I cut a few times a day and its gets worse, not only when im in the mood but also when im bored. Is that bad. People dont understand why I do cut. My sister has seen my cuts and keeps questioning me. I dont want to tell her she is only 13. My cuts get worse the worser the mood im on. Im a little scared that ill do a bad enough cut that it will get infected but i keep doing it. I dont know if i really want to stop right know because it seems to help me right now. I dont know if its gonna get worse, it may. I dont cut on my lower arms anymore because thats where my mom saw them first, so i cut more up, plus on my legs that way no one will see them. And honestly i also like to see the blood a when o cut my self it helps also to see the blood and i dont know why, its one of the reasons i still do it, maybe even partr of the reason i started. I just want to talk to people who know what its like to cut because my friends who know dont know what its like.

Message me if you would like to talk

~Elissa Renee~ If I die today what would u do tomorrow?

Last edited by HurtAndLost; December 29th 2010 at 04:44 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Why I cut - December 29th 2010, 05:09 AM

Hey;
I'm sorry to see that you're struggling a bit. Maybe you can slowly try to stop...? Like slowly cut down. For example; instead of cutting while you're bored why don't you try some alternatives during that time? And if the alternatives work for you, try to them out when you feel the need to self harm.

Here is a list of some alternatives that you can try out (just know that there are more out there):
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cheergir97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julia

Re: Why I cut - December 29th 2010, 05:11 AM

hey, i'm julia. i'm only 13 too like your sister, but i also cut. i'm 2 and a half weeks clean though and i'm trying. when you say you like to watch yourself bleed i know exactly what you mean. i didnt start to watch myself bleed but thats one of the reasons i kept doing it. i would love to talk and try and understand more. PM me anytime! im here(:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lost_soul Offline
:)
Average Joe

Re: Why I cut - December 30th 2010, 03:34 PM

Hello

I know how addictive cutting can get, and if you're cutting when you're bored, that's not a good sign. When you're bored, go outside for a walk, kick a ball around, draw, write, read, listen to music. Don't cut. Cutting definitely shouldn't be a boredom buster.

When you're in a bad mood, try to cheer yourself up, surround yourself with people that make you happy (friends, family etc.) Do things you love and try to focus on the brighter side of life. If you can rid yourself of your bad mood, you might not want to cut anymore. Easier said than done, I know. But just try to think positively when you're feeling negative.

Some people like the blood, I always have too. But, you have to understand that it's just not good for you at all, to desire your blood. Draw with a red marker on your leg when you want to cut. Use make up and stuff to make false cuts. It might give you a similar satisfaction to that of seeing a real cut.

Good luck and take care <3

PM me anytime, I love helping people and will do my best to help you <3

And if I bleed, I'll bleed knowing you don't care
~ Evanescence, Missing

Closed Thread