TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

oops... - January 1st 2011, 08:18 PM

well i was self harm free for 2 weeks but last night i had to cut again. this is the longest ive gone in months without cutting and i felt good but over the past couple of days the urges were so strong. i couldn't not cut so i gave in to it. but the thing is my aunt made me promise i would try not to do it again 2 weeks ago. now that ive done it, i want to tell her i did it coz if i dnt its not very truthful but i dnt know how. she's gonna be really hurt but i dnt know what im supposed to do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: oops... - January 1st 2011, 08:29 PM

Hey there.

Firstly I wanted to say how amazing it is that you went two weeks with out self harming. It's incredible and proves you still have some fight and you have strength inside you to beat this.

Recovery isn't all about stop self harming and just never doing it again. There are going to be times where you slip up. But it's not about the slip up, it's all about getting back and and re-starting.

It seems like you have a close relationship with your Aunt and I think it's great she knows about the self harming but I think you need to try and make sure she doesn't put more pressure on you because I don't think her making you feel bad is going to help, even if she isn't meaning to do so. If you want to keep that trust there, go ahead and tell her. But make sure she doesn't knock you down because you are doing well. She just cares about you and wants you to be okay which is understandable, but sometimes friends and family can re-act in the wrong way so make sure she doesn't upset you or make you feel bad which could be a trigger for you.

But I think you're doing really well so don't let this knock you down. Keep your chin up.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Re: oops... - January 1st 2011, 08:45 PM

Well first im proud of you for going that long without SH.
second im proud that you came to us for help.

Honestly dont let this get you down. Im sure you must trust your aunt with this situation. And thats always good to have someone you can talk to. If you tell her im sure she will be hurt. But that lets you know she is concerned.

Finding something to help cope with cutting would be a great idea.. So take your time and remember your strong and you can do what ever you want.

PolkaDotGiraffe Loves MustangMaggot10

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: oops... - January 10th 2011, 04:50 PM

I agree that its great that you went 2 weeks without SH, it showing you are making an effort to stop. Its great that you can talk to your aunt, and i think its down to you whether you tell her or not; but sometimes if people are pressuring you it can make things worse. So to be honest i think it depends on your relationship and how you feel about your aunt knowing. Don't be too hard on yourself for cutting again, it was a mistake and it will happen, its part of the road to recovery. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. :-)

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: oops... - January 11th 2011, 05:52 PM

Jessie is right, it isn't about just stopping and never doing it again.
There will be slips and its making sure you pick yourself up and get back on track and not let it blight your success. 2 weeks is amazing, you should be so proud, proving to yourself that you can do it. xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: oops... - January 12th 2011, 04:45 PM

i still haven't told her. don't see the point at all now ive done it so many times since.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: oops... - January 12th 2011, 05:21 PM

Hey! I realize originally posted this thread 11 days ago and things may have changed, but the fact that you went two weeks without cutting shows how strong you are. You can do it! A slip up isn't a good thing, but it's not a terrible one either. You just gotta make sure the slip ups are nothing more than that and go back to not cutting.
And in case you have started again, as your previous post indicates, by now you know it's not the answer and its only hurting you. You can stop, you've already proved that.
As Metallica once put it, "you rise, you fall, you're down and you rise again." It's a good line, really. When life knocks you down, you just need to stand back up again like we all know you can (:

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

(#8 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: oops... - January 12th 2011, 05:31 PM

thanks Dan

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline