TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
whowillloveme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: MJ

Exclamation scared of myself - January 2nd 2011, 09:44 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So if I write how I really feel, what difference will it make?

I have dreams at night about self-harming. I have dreams at night about suicide. I think all day how I donít want to live, thereís nothing to live for etc. Itís such a cliche - everyoneís fed up of me. Iíve felt like this so long, they get bored of it, fed up of it, they just donít care any more. Well if theyíre fed up with me being in a shit place all the time, how fed up does that make me?? The 25th January is rolling round once again. That time when I really, really want to justÖgo.

Iím hearing voices, seeing things, fantasising about self-harmÖ Itís almost like a crush. Iíve fallen in love with self-harm, Iím obsessed with it. That scares me.

Iíve started to feel like, I just CANíT deal with life any more. Like I seriously, absolutely CANNOT go on. And I mean, even basic things, like just living a normal life, seems impossible, overwhelmingÖ

And Iím obsessed with self-harm. Itís all I think about. Itíd always there at the back of my mind, I even dream about it.

Iím so scared of myself. Iíve never been like this before.

Help me.

I <3 20000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: scared of myself - January 2nd 2011, 11:01 PM

I think that you are to the point that you need to get help. Do you have a therapist that you can talk to?

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: scared of myself - January 2nd 2011, 11:39 PM

I think you need professional help. Especially if you don't already.
Sometimes we have to admit that we can't fix things ourselves. Sometimes thats harder for some people then admitting theres a problem in the first place. I'm one of those people. You're 20, right? Then you'll be able to access your own Drs and everything..
Being honest about how obsessive and dominant these thoughts are should mean your able to access the level of help you need sweetpea.
Good luck xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєÉт υѕ 3rd мαяĘн 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ Éσяєνєя ę3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
whowillloveme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: MJ

Re: scared of myself - January 3rd 2011, 04:33 AM

Thanks, my problem is, psychs turn me away because they want me sorted by the therapists first; but the therapists turn me away because they want the psychs to treat me medically first. I've had four counsellors, and a support worker in the past, and even though I was open and stuff, it didn't help - my last counsellor and my support worker said that I was in too bad a place for therapy to do anything but make me worse. And I still am. I've been fighting the medical system for so long now; I've got nothing left. I can't be bothered to fight for treatment any more. I just take my meds, see a GP twice a year, and am mostly confined to he house the rest of the time. I'm agoraphobic, my anxiety levels are through the roof, I also have fatigue issues... I've asked for help, and I've had these different therapies, seen different psychs, tried different meds... I just feel like the NHS has given up on me. And if they've given up on me, what chance do I have?

I <3 20000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne

(#5 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Self Harm Awareness Advocate
Average Joe

Name: Alex Short

Re: scared of myself - January 3rd 2011, 06:26 AM

I know how your feeling. You need to get help. Do you see a counselor?

~Alex

Last day I cut: 7-13-2010

I believe in everyone that I help that they will get over whatever they are struggling with.

I regret nothing in my past. My past made me who I am today.

There is freedom from self harm feel free to email me anytime if you wanna chat at:
alexshort154@yahoo.com

Send a message via MSN to alex2010 Send a message via Yahoo to alex2010 Send a message via Skype™ to alex2010 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: scared of myself - January 3rd 2011, 05:02 PM

I know the struggle between therapists and psychs very well indeed.
I'm not sure what will work for you. Being honest again is another start point. I know the effort and energy you can spend trying to get the help and support you need is terrible, the system should not be built/made this way but unfortuently it is but because it's worth it we do it anyway. The problem is no-one else can fight for you. Sometimes having the NHS appear to give up on us gives us the strength to fight further for what we need, sometimes it makes things worse, but when you've got no support then things can only go up? With all recovery things get worse before they get better.. it sucks but you just have to continue to push through it all..
Sometimes only the persistent [adults] get very far with any of these problems because they seem to require a lot of nagging. Hence why the childrens services are better then adults, they're are adults who arent ill who can complain and push for things for their children/adolescents.
I'm sorry that your going through all this babe, truely. xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєÉт υѕ 3rd мαяĘн 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ Éσяєνєя ę3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Re: scared of myself - January 5th 2011, 03:39 PM

hey everything you've said i am going through right now so pm me maybe we can help eachother and figure this out

Closed Thread