TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Unhappy I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:28 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm needing to sh everyday and trying not to,,, help help please
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:32 PM

Have you tried the alternatives list? There are a lot of good suggestions on there of things you can do. Here's the link --> http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Also, have you tried talking to someone about it? I know you're seeing someone for your eating disorder, so do you think he/she could help you with this too?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:33 PM

Yes and yes. She can but I rather sh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiFey View Post
Have you tried the altYes andernatives list? There are a lot of good suggestions on there of things you can do. Here's the link --> http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Also, have you tried talking to someone about it? I know you're seeing someone for your eating disorder, so do you think he/she could help you with this too?
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:39 PM

Well, what form(s) of self-harm do you use? If you use an object, you could give it to someone to hold onto for you, or you could throw it away. If you don't use an object, it would really depend on what you are doing. (I know that it makes you bleed, so I'm guessing it's either cutting or scratching or something similar.)

Either way, I hope you know that self-harm isn't a very effective way to cope. It's addictive and doesn't help the problems you're dealing with at all. You'll really need to try if you want to stop.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:49 PM

The thing most people would recommend you do is see someone about your self harming. This is typically not something somebody can get through all by themselves. They need extra help and support. It is important to get help with these types of things because SH is NOT good in any way, its dangerous, and it does not help your problem. It only adds to it. And plus, no one deserves to be hurt by anyone, even themselves.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 10:58 PM

I cut with Razor blades and scissors and pins
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiFey View Post
Well, what form(s) of self-harm do you use? If you use an object, you could give it to someone to hold onto for you, or you could throw it away. If you don't use an object, it would really depend on what you are doing. (I know that it makes you bleed, so I'm guessing it's either cutting or scratching or something similar.)

Either way, I hope you know that self-harm isn't a very effective way to cope. It's addictive and doesn't help the problems you're dealing with at all. You'll really need to try if you want to stop.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 4th 2011, 11:00 PM

Yes but I deserve to be punished and hurt an how I cope
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
The thing most people would recommend you do is see someone about your self harming. This is typically not something somebody can get through all by themselves. They need extra help and support. It is important to get help with these types of things because SH is NOT good in any way, its dangerous, and it does not help your problem. It only adds to it. And plus, no one deserves to be hurt by anyone, even themselves.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 6th 2011, 02:46 AM

You cope by stop feeling sorry for yourself, throwing away all sharp objects, when you want to cut, you scream, shout, cry, draw, listen to loud music instead. You control yourself, don't let self harm control you!!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to bleed now I'm addicted to seeing myself bleed help???:(((( - January 6th 2011, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyIndia View Post
You cope by stop feeling sorry for yourself, throwing away all sharp objects, when you want to cut, you scream, shout, cry, draw, listen to loud music instead. You control yourself, don't let self harm control you!!

Makes sense now I just have to apply that to my life and will do all I can to make the above happen thanks for giving me ideas I appreciate it
Closed Thread