TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aestai Offline
Average Joe

Name: Renee

Unhappy Oh god.. - January 5th 2011, 01:43 PM

Oh god im screwed! Dx I was having a great day yesterday, and here comes last period (right after lunch) i was sitting there in science waiting for it to start, when i get a note to go down to the office, and i thought "Yes, im gonna miss science!" I get down there and the office lady took me to a room and said somebody was there to see me. She leaves and I'm left in a room with some lady, "Hi, I'm from child well fare." :O Holy shit my world just ended. She was there to talk about my SH and my acholic 'mom' made me give her our adress and my dads number (cuz she wooda gotten it from school it was just easier to get it from me) and now shes gonna tell my dad i need therapy and most likely that i cut Oh god...

"But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end." -Barry Gibb

http://aestia.deviantart.com/ <--- Please check out my art!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicole26 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Oh god.. - January 5th 2011, 01:54 PM

Heeey sounds like the worst news ever, especially when u were hyped up out missing science. I dunno if I'll be much help but u can PM me whenever I'll talk. Could you ask if there's anyway u can break the news to your dad so he may feeling happier u told him and that u feel u can talk to him about stuff so he'll not be so harsh on you when he finds out?

Sometimes...
you just need to...
Runaway...
To see who will follow you.

It's not easy to reply to "are you okay?" when you can't remember what okay feels like...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Oh god.. - January 5th 2011, 02:32 PM

hey dnt worry about it hun. it'll be okay. everything happens for a reason and maybe this has happened so that you can get the right help you need and get better.. Why dnt you try talk to your dad before the lady does. it might seem bit easier then.. hang in there.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Aestai Offline
Average Joe

Name: Renee

Re: Oh god.. - January 6th 2011, 12:58 AM

well the plan was i go into my 'counceling' to meet CWF later when im ready and then we wood bring him into this... but i guess they had their own plans... either way i want to tell him, but i'm just not ready, and its going to be horrible if CWF tells him before i'm able to..

"But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end." -Barry Gibb

http://aestia.deviantart.com/ <--- Please check out my art!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Oh god.. - January 6th 2011, 01:47 AM

Hey Renee,

I know right now this looks like a really scary situation. You probably are worried about your dad finding out about your self harm, but try looking at this as a good thing, even though that's hard to do, try looking at what's going as something that will be able to help you. I know it's worrisome knowing that someone is going to tell your dad, but getting the help you need would be a good thing, wouldn't it? Of course, help doesn't work unless you accept the help and accepting the help when it's basically thrown at you isn't easy to do even if you know somewhere you need the help, there's still a hesitation to take the help and use the help for the better. I myself was in a, not similar, but kind of similar situation and when the help was thrown at me, it scared me at first, knowing that my family knew about what I was doing to myself and I worried about how they would react. Would they get mad? Take it out of proportion? Just ignore it? I'd been for a while trying to find ways to tell them how I needed help and eventually, they ended up finding out.
I guess the point I'm trying to make here, is that although this appears to be a negative thing that has happened, it can be a positive thing too, maybe you could write down the positives and negatives? Sorry if that seems to be a stupid suggestion, but it could help you sort out the pros and cons of someone telling your dad and getting you counseling.
I really hope I've helped, if you ever need anything, you can PM me and I'll be glad to help.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Re: Oh god.. - January 6th 2011, 01:49 AM

That has got to be insanely scary for you
A few months ago I walked into guidance; I was in a great mood and just planning on talking to my counselor about something irrelevant, when I ran into my best friend who was there to tell the counselors all about my abusive family and cutting. They called the department of children services and etc.
Others finding out who could tell my parents and bringing DCF into it when I was far ready to deal with it, was the most terrifying experience in my life.
I had promised him and myself that if things got too bad, or when I was ready to, I would go myself, or seek therapy or something. But, when I look back now, I know that I wouldn't have. I would just keep putting it off and avoid getting help. So while that was a really shitty situation; I'm glad my friend told, because now I know where to get help.
Things are sucky right now but in the long run it'll be for the best.
Hang in there and good luck <3

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Oh god.. - January 6th 2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Hero View Post
That has got to be insanely scary for you
A few months ago I walked into guidance; I was in a great mood and just planning on talking to my counselor about something irrelevant, when I ran into my best friend who was there to tell the counselors all about my abusive family and cutting. They called the department of children services and etc.
Others finding out who could tell my parents and bringing DCF into it when I was far ready to deal with it, was the most terrifying experience in my life.
I had promised him and myself that if things got too bad, or when I was ready to, I would go myself, or seek therapy or something. But, when I look back now, I know that I wouldn't have. I would just keep putting it off and avoid getting help. So while that was a really shitty situation; I'm glad my friend told, because now I know where to get help.
Things are sucky right now but in the long run it'll be for the best.
Hang in there and good luck <3
Awwwwww, glad you feel that way haha (:

Anyway, to the OP; I know you're scared and it seems like the end of the world, but it's not. They're only there to help you, and things always get better in the end.

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Oh god.. - January 11th 2011, 11:47 AM

Its not such a bad thing...since most of the people helping here are not professionals...Getting professional help might do you some good. Even I sometimes feel that I need some professional help made I don't know who to go to. This is a better way.

Closed Thread