TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
boolia0616 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Exclamation New here, need advice - January 5th 2011, 03:13 AM

Hi, i'm new here and i...need advice. i started cuttinga few days ago and i need help i get in fights with my family often and i dont have a great relationship with my real dad, it once got to the point of suicide and almost having to move out. i just need advice/help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: New here, need advice - January 5th 2011, 03:20 AM

hi
well fighting at abaut ur age with ur parints will hapin thats abaut the time i started doint the same thang but eny way the cuting is no solushin to the problem thangs will be rugh at times but it will pass and thangs will get so much beter just stay strong and maby find some one to talk to talking can be a grate way to let out thangs that can upset one

if u need to talk feel free to pm me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Re: New here, need advice - January 6th 2011, 02:08 AM

I'm really sorry about not getting along with your family, that really sucks. Cutting will really only make things worse though. I know that after every scream session with your family, cutting must feel like a release of all that pain, but if you keep it up (which I really, really hope you don't) you'll see that it really only takes that pain and doubles it. Hurting yourself is never the answer, hon. You should stop now before it becomes an addiction; then quitting will be so much harder.
Maybe you can try writing, or blasting loud music, or drawing; some other way to express yourself and let it all out besides cutting.
Of course, we're all here if you ever need someone to talk to (shoot me a PM whenever )

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: New here, need advice - January 6th 2011, 03:22 AM

I am sorry=( But def. stop cutting. It is not helping you in any way. It just adds to the pain and what's the use of that? It can and will get out of hand if you continue. No one deserves to be harmed by anyone, including themselves. I suggest going to a counceler or if you don't want to do that just let, go to a very trusted friend. I do know from experience though (from being the trusted friend) that it can hurt to hear it all as much as it hurts the person going through it all. It can take a toll on you. For that reason, seeing a counceler would be the better choice but do whatever you feel comfortable with. Hope that helps! You can message me if you ever want to vent or anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: New here, need advice - January 6th 2011, 07:51 PM

I definately think that not cutting any more would be more positive, if you look around this forum, you will see most people are struggling with this.. they don't want it yet they need it, they want to stop yet don't feel they can. It is addictive, it does get too deep and it can take over your life. You should stop now, and never let it get to that point. It is not a positive way to deal with how you are feeling.. I'm sorry that you don't get on with your family and that there are fights. That must create alot of hard feelings for you and I can see why cutting would help for you.. but there are other ways to manage feelings.. writing, drawing, talking, singing, cleaning..etc.. other ways of letting it out. I think it'd be a good idea to try and get someone to talk to.. a school counsellor perhaps? PM me if you need/want to talk. I have a sister your age, it's a tough age without everything else. xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Re: New here, need advice - January 8th 2011, 06:42 AM

Im sorry about you not getting along with your family but i know that cutting will not help anything! Have you tried other ways of releasing your emotions? You could snap a rubber band against your wrist. You can use a red marker to draw were you want to cut. Also you can write about it in a journal. I hope you can stay strong! Good luck! If you need to talk to someone just pm me by the way I get what your going through I'm the same age with a lot of family problems but cutting won't help in the long run

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: New here, need advice - January 8th 2011, 08:49 PM

I agree with the others, stop cutting now before it gets out of control. I'm really sorry you don't get on with you family, i know from experience that its a horrible feeling. You should try different ways to stop and not cut, there are better options that won't harm you. I promise it will just get worse if you don't. Feel free to PM me. Stay strong. :-)

Closed Thread