TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kaycee

Question Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 12:45 AM

OK so I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has ever done this. a while ago when I first tried to stop cutting if I felt like I wanted to I'd lay down to go to sleep and sleep out the erge the problem was that I'd cut in my sleep! many times I woke up with blood every were and semi fresh cuts this scared me at first but I never seamed to do it too deep or were it would be life threttening and while I dont seam to be having this problem any more I think in part because I just kinda gave up on quitting... I have not cut in a while but I've found that If I don't SAY I'm quitting and that I wont do it again I don't have the major erges as much.. I dont know that even makes since but now if I feel the need to I'll do some yoga or someething but I don't keep tract of how long its been I dont think about it... I just don't do it as often is how I say now.. but I'm wondering if I'm the only one to cut in there sleep?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 01:53 AM

Hm. That is a new one. When this happens, what are you cutting yourself with? Like, is there something sharp nearby you cut yourself with while sleeping? I would recommend talking to some sort of therapist, maybe not even a psychologist but like a sleep therapist to see if there's anything you can do.

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Guess?

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 02:03 AM

I've did that once a long time ago... I think you're awake but just can't remember it.

I woke up with cuts on my legs and I've never done that before.

You need to talk to somebody soon.

I love : )

"Love is simple... Don't be afraid, you're already dead."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nicole26 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 06:19 PM

This happned to me as well twice but used my nails to scratch and woke up with blood on my legs from scratching.

Sometimes...
you just need to...
Runaway...
To see who will follow you.

It's not easy to reply to "are you okay?" when you can't remember what okay feels like...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 07:23 PM

I'm not sure if I was asleep, my therapist thinks I was severly dissociated, but yeah, 'waking up' to fresh cuts can be terrifying. I do think talking to someone sounds like a good idea. xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 11:30 PM

I used a razor and it was not exactly next to me when I fell asleep I'm going to a counsler well I was... I need to find a new one. the old one moved and I didn't like the one that she assined me to... anyways I'm always scared to tell them about the sleep cutting thing I don't want to end up in the hospital or something... I never go too deep or on any place that could kill me and its not nearly as often as it used to be... but still it freaks me out sometimes....

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 11:41 PM

I went to sleep once and woke up with a huge cut in my hand form slamming it into my desk. I've also woken up with small cuts from I don't know what..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Am I the only one? - January 6th 2011, 11:43 PM

Actually I've done this once before. Well, similar to what you did. Back when I would harm a long time ago I remember I was digging my nails into my skin in my sleep and I left marks all over my arm. I was dreaming of harming myself in some way, acting out on self-harm, and my subconscious would just seem to flood with negative thoughts and the depression I was going through.
At the same time, Doctors say when you have weird dreams, you are working out problems that you can't while you are awake and I think that could be true. So it's like you and I were working out our frustration in our sleep that we didn't want to when we were awake. Just emptying the rest of the frustration left, easing ourselves.
That sounds silly I know.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Talking Re: Am I the only one? - January 7th 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nocturnal~Symphony* View Post
Actually I've done this once before. Well, similar to what you did. Back when I would harm a long time ago I remember I was digging my nails into my skin in my sleep and I left marks all over my arm. I was dreaming of harming myself in some way, acting out on self-harm, and my subconscious would just seem to flood with negative thoughts and the depression I was going through.
At the same time, Doctors say when you have weird dreams, you are working out problems that you can't while you are awake and I think that could be true. So it's like you and I were working out our frustration in our sleep that we didn't want to when we were awake. Just emptying the rest of the frustration left, easing ourselves.
That sounds silly I know.

No that don't sound silly at all it makes since there is A LOT that I CAN'T deal with right now when I'm awake so it makes since that it has to come out somehow... I'm just glad I have not woken up like that in a while... tho I've been dreaming about cutting and I wake up and check myself so far there is only a tiny scratch and I'm not sure thats from me cutting it looks like it could be but it also looks like it might be from something else so IDK... I feel better knowing I'm not the only person cutting or self harming in one way or another in there sleep.... its kinda scary

Closed Thread