TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Help - January 6th 2011, 10:09 AM

Im really want to start cutting again! It's been so 5 months or so since I cut and I cut for 3 years last time.I just need to talk to someone or advice please! I just keep think how much better I will feel I I started cutting again.help please

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 03:00 PM

its not good that you want to cut u can talk to me if you want. but idk if i'd help cuz i do cut all the time, but i'd like to help.
why do u want to start again?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 04:31 PM

Hey there,

First of all going five months self harm free is such a huge achievement and something to be really proud of. It takes a lot of strength and courage to go any legnth of time so seriously well done to you for that. Remember though that no matter what happens from now on that achievement of five months will still stand and that strength is still inside of you.

Do you know what's making you want to cut again now? Has anything happened to trigger these feelings? You said that you keep thinking how much better you'll feel if you were to cut again but how long will that 'feeling better' last? Will it really make things better or will it just give you that temporary feeling? Yes, cutting might make you feel better in that moment but try to think past that. What will it actually help or gain?

You did really well to post and reach out for help now and I'm glad that you did because you're not on your own. Is there anyone around you that you'd feel able to talk to? A friend, family member of teacher? It sounds like things are pretty difficult for you right now and that you could do with some support. You have people here but sometimes it helps to have someone that you can talk to in real life as well. Take care and know that you can PM me if you ever want or need to talk.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 08:33 PM

Similar situation to me I'm afraid. I went 6 months without and then cut, but then managed another 6 weeks again so far
Firstly remember that 5 months IS an amazing achievement! You've done so well and stayed so strong to do that.
Secondly I think it's important to try and figure out why you need to cut again..
Keep yourself within your support system, talk about your worries and use techniques that work well for you, not just what other people think you should do.
Thirdly. As hard as it is, if you do cut again, it is not the end, one cut does not have to mean going back into it all as a routine.. doesn't mean having to give up everything you've worked so hard for and it doesn't mean giving up hope. It's just a slip. I went 6 months and slipped. Once. And got it back on track. You are strong, strength is more then not falling, it's being able to pull yourself back up each and every time you fall.
PM me if you wanna talk. xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 08:55 PM

I want to start again cause my heart just got broken and my family falling apart, my cousin is in the army, and I'm stressed out of my mind.What triggered me last time is my heart getting broken. It hard not to think what happen before when I think Of now. I kinda want to get revenge against my cousin who I promise I won't cut ever again. I'm guessing that not good for me?Thank you all for the help it means alot!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 09:25 PM

I think thats the problem with bad memories, as soon as ones triggered they all seem to decide to fall on you. You can manage, you've proved it for so long.. slip ups happen, mistakes are made and sometimes it can kinda feel like everythings falling apart, but you can keep holding on and you can choose to get other support so you are less likely to go under beneath it all.
Is the cousin you want revenge against the one in the army??
Why do you want revenge in the first place?
It does sound like letting go of this need for revenge is probably a good idea, because cutting in revenge isn't good for anyone and it would possibly make it more likely you'd cut again through feeling guilty.. [just how it would work for me]

by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 09:31 PM

Yes the cousin in the army is the one I want revenge for. I want revenge cause he told me he would always answer my texts and he hasn't and he home.Then he never said thank you when I sent him something in basic training,I don't even know if he got it. I never talk to them and I haven't seen him and his family in years

Last edited by Foreveralways; January 6th 2011 at 09:41 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 10:22 PM

Years is a long time to hold a grudge for. Have you ever asked him why he hasn't? Because there could be simple reasons for it.. maybe he hasnt replied to your texts because he has got a new phone.. maybe he never received your package..
I know how hard it is when you feel rejected like this especially by someone who obviously meant so much too you. I think the hardest part of life is the ways things and people all move on.. even in families, my cousin used to be my idol.. I loved him so much, but he changed, became all weird and wouldn't really even acknowledge me anymore. Maybe this needs to be resolved for you to be able to not need revenge, so I think talking to him about it would be a good point of call.. if your able to.

by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 6th 2011, 11:06 PM

I tried to call but he with his girlfriend. I know he didn't get phone cause his sister just gave me his number and I would love to know if he didn't get it! But not just that but my world falling apart so

(#10 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Help - January 7th 2011, 12:19 AM

Your cousin's in training maybe he doesn't have enough time to respond even though he'd like to. I'm sure he's thinking of everyone , and soon he'll be back home. Just stay strong .
What else is making your world fall apart???

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 7th 2011, 12:59 AM

Breaking up and just losing friends

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 7th 2011, 01:00 AM

Drama and school

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help - January 7th 2011, 07:25 AM

Would you say graving someones name into my leg consider self harm? I'm sorry I have my friends who I can tell but they will freak out and my family will to. So is it bad to cut 'matt' into my leg? It not cutting and I need some way to self harm? If instant to date someone should I tell them

(#14 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Help - January 10th 2011, 11:13 PM

Breaking up and losing friends are hard , i know. But you'll make new ones along the way, and you'll have another love (:
Drama drama drama. Gahhh i hate that too same with school but life would be pretty borin with out drama sooo if you're talkin bout the negative hurtful drama , just ignore it and move on with your life and school, it'l be over befor you even know it!
Yes carving someones name into your leg would be considered self-harm.
Its understandable that your family and friends will freak out, they care bout you and they dont like to see you hurting.
I wouldn't say its bad , well it kinda is but its also unhelathy, and painful. And when you carve something into your skin , and if its deep it will always remind you of what you were feeling and that's the most horrible feeling when you're feeling good and postive!
What do you mean by instant? Like right away?!?
Mmmm it depends on the person. Some people like to take it slow, some fast , intermediate . In my opinion you should probably take it slow in ordeer to build up that relationship bond.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Closed Thread