TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Angry Anger - January 12th 2011, 08:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ummm yeah, when ever I get really angry or something like that without really knowing I hurt myself, normally by hitting myself or something.
Would really like some help
  Send a message via MSN to ChrisDiCarlo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
Ummm yeah, when ever I get really angry or something like that without really knowing I hurt myself, normally by hitting myself or something.
Would really like some help

Hey Chris.

I've been in that same position. I never considered myself the same as other self harmers. I've known some people who would get upset and sit down and cut themselves. With me, it was always when I was so consumed by rage and I just felt stuck inside myself. Like I wanted to escape, but there was no where to go.

As I got older I realized that there are other ways to deal with it. Ideally ranting to someone about it always helps, but I understand that isn't always an option.

If it isn't, then you just have to find other outlets. Maybe running is your thing and it makes you feel better. Or maybe you just want to put some rock music or something similar on really, really loudly and shout out the words.

This website helps a lot I think. If you feel like nobody understands and you are angry and just need to get out the frustration, then you can always come on here and vent to people. Typing it all out and letting people know why you are angry does wonders.

It helps

You just need to find a better way of getting out your anger, and once you do, you'll be able to control your emotions better.

Good luck, PM me if you need too.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:03 AM

Thanks man
Oh also when I get angry playing along to heavy songs on my guitar normally helps me calm down but most of the time my dad is home and I can't play it when he is home :/
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:15 AM

That sucks, but at least you know what calms you down. Half of the battle :P

Is there somewhere else you could play? Like a family member with a garage they wouldn't mind letting you use?

Or is there any way you could talk your dad around to letting you do it? Like a compromise? You do <insert chore here> for 30 minutes of playing to loud music?

Maybe you could just let him know it calms you down?

Or Air Guitar and a set of head phones if all else fails :P

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
That sucks, but at least you know what calms you down. Half of the battle :P

Is there somewhere else you could play? Like a family member with a garage they wouldn't mind letting you use?

Or is there any way you could talk your dad around to letting you do it? Like a compromise? You do <insert chore here> for 30 minutes of playing to loud music?

Maybe you could just let him know it calms you down?

Or Air Guitar and a set of head phones if all else fails :P
Hmmm good idea, but my dad is the type of person who can't really be reasoned with. He just hates loud noise full stop lol. Air guitar would be a good choice but it feels awkward cause im always playing real guitar, plus what makes me calm down is how loud my amp is :P. I could use the garage but I have nothing that can play my music at the same time :P. All very good idea's but won't work .
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hmmm good idea, but my dad is the type of person who can't really be reasoned with. He just hates loud noise full stop lol. Air guitar would be a good choice but it feels awkward cause im always playing real guitar, plus what makes me calm down is how loud my amp is :P. I could use the garage but I have nothing that can play my music at the same time :P. All very good idea's but won't work .
Hah, I was only kidding about the air guitar :P

Could you not just use an extention cord from your house to the garage? And then bring everything you need to the garage?

~Arundhati Roy

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Hah, I was only kidding about the air guitar :P

Could you not just use an extention cord from your house to the garage? And then bring everything you need to the garage?
Nahh don't have to, there are power points in the garage, I just have nothing to play them with, if I had a laptop id be set
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Nahh don't have to, there are power points in the garage, I just have nothing to play them with, if I had a laptop id be set
If you're just talking about the songs themselves, that's easy, isn't it?

All you have to do is burn them to a CD and bring a radio to the garage.

~Arundhati Roy

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
If you're just talking about the songs themselves, that's easy, isn't it?

All you have to do is burn them to a CD and bring a radio to the garage.
My CD player is really crap, it jumps every 10 seconds :/ and would probably anger me more lol
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
My CD player is really crap, it jumps every 10 seconds :/ and would probably anger me more lol
BLEHH!!! WORK IDEAS, WORK!! lol

This is a pickle

Is there any other smallish portable radios in the house you could use? Like one from the bathroom or kitchen or something? (I don't know how many people have radios in the bathroom and kitchen, I'm just thinking of my house lol).

I don't know if you have any money or not but with everyone using iPod docks these days CD players are getting kind of cheap. You could probably buy a really crap one for $20.

oh oh, do you have an iPod or MP3 player? Before I got a good docking station I had these cheap little sqaure stereo things for my iPod. It was $12 and I'm pretty sure you can but those kinds of things at all good bargin stores. They do the job.

If everything else fails, you might just have to wait until your dad goes out and resort to ranting on the forums for the time being

Or steal a laptop. but don't actually do this one LOL.

~Arundhati Roy

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
BLEHH!!! WORK IDEAS, WORK!! lol

This is a pickle

Is there any other smallish portable radios in the house you could use? Like one from the bathroom or kitchen or something? (I don't know how many people have radios in the bathroom and kitchen, I'm just thinking of my house lol).

I don't know if you have any money or not but with everyone using iPod docks these days CD players are getting kind of cheap. You could probably buy a really crap one for $20.

oh oh, do you have an iPod or MP3 player? Before I got a good docking station I had these cheap little sqaure stereo things for my iPod. It was $12 and I'm pretty sure you can but those kinds of things at all good bargin stores. They do the job.

If everything else fails, you might just have to wait until your dad goes out and resort to ranting on the forums for the time being

Or steal a laptop. but don't actually do this one LOL.
I did have an ipod, but it broke :/. Oh well, all I can do is wait till he is gone, other than that I just need a way to control my anger. Thanks for you help.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I did have an ipod, but it broke :/. Oh well, all I can do is wait till he is gone, other than that I just need a way to control my anger. Thanks for you help.
You can always talk PM me when you need to talk or you're angry. As you can see I'll do my best to try and solve a problem even if I fail miserably

Plus, I'm a good listener.

~Arundhati Roy

(#13 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You can always talk PM me when you need to talk or you're angry. As you can see I'll do my best to try and solve a problem even if I fail miserably

Plus, I'm a good listener.
I know.
Thank You
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks man
Oh also when I get angry playing along to heavy songs on my guitar normally helps me calm down but most of the time my dad is home and I can't play it when he is home :/

Grr. I can't play guitar I wish i could

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 12:05 PM

** PM me.

I don't know why I wrote talk PM.

My brain is not working tonight.

Good luck. I hope you're feeling a bit better.

~Arundhati Roy

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Anger - January 12th 2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready Salted View Post
Grr. I can't play guitar I wish i could

Also, me too. Lol

~Arundhati Roy

Closed Thread