TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Angry I hate him! - January 15th 2011, 03:44 PM

So this morning I woke up happy for the first time in a really long time. I was playing guitar, singing something I'd written, and it's still a secret that I write and I'm very personal about my music because it's basically who I am. So my brother walks inti my room and goes "can't you play something nicer? You sound like one of those emo kids who wears black jeans and cuts themself and cries about it. No more emo music?" First of all I was playing hardcore punk and secondly I wear hollister and juicy couture and I don't cry about it when I cut. What the fuck is wrong with people. Then my dad's off about my eating habits and when I told him I'm 15 and can make decisions for myself he said "yes but you're doing something idiodic. What if you made a decision to go around sticking yourself with pins?!" and I don't think he was thinking SI but at school I cut with safetypins so yeah... I hate them

Just Keep Breathing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: I hate him! - January 15th 2011, 05:14 PM

Hey, sorry things are not going so well for you.. Sometimes everyone just says things at the wrong place and the wrong time, mostly without thinking first. Don't take what they've said to heart. They probably didn't mean anything by what they said

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: I hate him! - January 15th 2011, 09:20 PM

I agree with saba. Stay strong hun .

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I hate him! - January 15th 2011, 09:25 PM

Sometimes parents only want the best for their children alas it comes out very negatively and ends up hurting you and them. As for brothers well, that really comes down to the old clash of siblings which I think is present in every family. If you have decided you want these things then hold your head high and do them don't let them bring you down

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I hate him! - January 16th 2011, 01:14 AM

Saba & Kelly: thanks you guys
sapphirewings: two things. Firstly you're really eloquent =) secondly, it's not that I "decided I want this" it just isn't easy to stop

Just Keep Breathing

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I hate him! - January 16th 2011, 02:54 AM

I am sorry=( I hate when parents act like that. I think your dad was just worried about you but he shouldnt have acted like that. As for your brother, he's just being a jerk. Most siblings are. Don't take it too personal. He probably can't write songs to save his life. Don't let him bother you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I hate him! - January 16th 2011, 03:34 AM

I know. I just hate how whenever I'm upset people talk about appearance. I usually just smile no matter what but whenever I'm upset on the outside it's "don't look so emo" or "pretty girls should smile" or all assorted comments on how much better I look when I smile. I know this isn't true but it kinda makes it seem like all they care about is how I look.

Just Keep Breathing

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I hate him! - January 16th 2011, 03:46 AM

Everyone looks better smiling than they do frowning. And if all they care about is looks, they are crazy. Looks are not everything at all. The real thing that matters is the kind of person you are. Its important to be a good friend, a good person who is kindhearted and puts others before yourself. When you leave this world MANY, MANY, MANY years from now, people won't remember you for your looks. They will remember you for who you were. I would personally rather know that I was loved by so many than know that I was a pretty face. Beauty is nothing compaired to the love you recieve from others.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I hate him! - January 16th 2011, 01:41 PM

They obviously don't give a shit what's going on with me. So long as I smile and am always polite. It's never that they want me to be happy ( except my sister) they just want me to look happy because then everything's okay. I usually do just smile for then but even I get tired of smiling 247. That's all they think I'm good for. I'm not even fucking pretty. If I was pretty they wouldn't have to tell me to smile I'd just be happy all the time

Just Keep Breathing

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Dsaltum23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dmitri Altum

Re: I hate him! - January 17th 2011, 03:53 AM

Hey,
Just a small piece of advice. When fights happen between my family and I its often helpful for me to just completely ignore what they say and just let whatever I'm doing take me into a seperate world. If you enjoy music(as it seems) just let it carry you way. Visualize yourself being carried away on the notes that escape your instrument. Sometimes it even helps to just take a walk. Fresh air does the mind wonders.

Hope this helps even a tiny bit.

Send a message via Skype™ to Dsaltum23 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I hate him! - January 17th 2011, 04:15 AM

Aw Blair you are pretty. Everyone is. No one in the world is ugly. There are just people that have negative views of themselves or others.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I hate him! - January 17th 2011, 04:01 PM

I'm not trying to sound like a b*tch but there are ugly people. I'm one of them.

Just Keep Breathing

Closed Thread