TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*ellyssa* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i need some support or something fast please - January 20th 2011, 02:34 AM

im on my 20th day SH free and i really dont wanna ruin it but i feel the need to cut soo bad right now. im trying to remember why im trying to stop and the negitives but its not working. i just keep telling my self a little bit wont be that bad . and i just want to so bad right now. i need some support or help i rly dont want to break down when ive made it 20 days now....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ontheverge Offline
Average Joe

Re: i need some support or something fast please - January 20th 2011, 02:44 AM

20 Days is pretty damn impressive nicely done! It would be a terrible shame to start again while you're doing so well.
A little bit wouldn't be very good either though would it?
I've thought before that only a little bit would be ok, but it never ended up being a little bit :| and I always regretted my little slip ups.
If you manage to make it through today with out it you will feel so much better for it tomorrow
I'll stick around if you want to chat.

The better part of valour is discretion - Shakespeare

We are punished by our sins, not for them - Elbert Hubbard

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: i need some support or something fast please - January 20th 2011, 02:57 AM

Ellyssa, twenty days is pretty damn awesome! Congratulations!

If you go back to SHing now, you'll be throwing all that away. You don't want to do that, do you? No, that's not a question. I know you don't. Just the fact that you're here where you are now -- try to hang on, for that. Otherwise these twenty days have been for nothing!

I recommend, when you're in a little better state of mind, making a list of reasons not to SH, and carrying it around with you. That way, whenever you want to SH, you have a constant reminder of why it's a bad idea.

Stay strong! I have faith in you.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i need some support or something fast please - January 21st 2011, 08:21 PM

Hey there *ellyssa*

I realize you posted this yesterday and I'm sorry about the late reply! But I wanted to say how amazing it is that you have been twenty days self harm free! It really does prove that you have the strength to beat these urges.

I know sometimes the urges and thoughts can become really overwhelming and it can feel like we just can't beat them, but your self harm is not in control of you, you are in control of it and you can beat these urges. Yes, it's going to be hard, but that doesn't mean you can't do it!

Have you tried using any distractions? Here is the link to our thread of alternatives to self harm ... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. If you haven't already taken a look, I really want to encourage you to do so. Not every distraction will help you but don't give up on trying different ones!

Remember you hurting yourself is only going to cause more pain and you honestly don't deserve this. You're a strong girl and you can beat this so keep on trying!

Keep your chin up!
Jessie'Lou

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: i need some support or something fast please - January 22nd 2011, 11:48 AM

Hey girl, I know I'm a little late as well... but twenty days is effing awesome! I know right now it's hard, and urges suck majorly. But remember - YOU are in control of what you do. It's one thing to think about cutting and to want to do it, especially when you're in recovery. It's a whole other thing to actually do it. I agree with Jess - take a look at the alternatives thread! I've been recovering for about two years and I've been having urges lately, too, and I actually made paper chains to distract myself. It gives a lot of great ideas! I know you have the strength to beat this, because you are STRONG and you are AMAZING and you are BEAUTIFUL! Don't ever forget it! Also, if you ever need a huge vent or an immediate release of emotions, feel free to PM me. I'm always willing to help. Stay safe! <3

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

Closed Thread