TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil'OrphanAnnie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rose

feeling better - February 27th 2009, 05:50 PM

im falling back ino that pattern of feeling better when i cut myself. I mean i get that feeling of rush when i see the blood on my arm or leg. i dont know what to do anymore. im doing it everyday, even when im not depressed. Any suggestions to help me stop. i do it even when im bored. I feel so terrible for doing it again.

The Unicorn
-The beautiful white horse with the magical horn that heals. <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: feeling better - February 27th 2009, 05:58 PM

Have you tried the alternatives thread?

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130

There is a range of things to do, and diffrent sections if, you want the pain, if you want to see the mark etc

Take care,x

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#3 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: feeling better - February 27th 2009, 06:16 PM

The release of physical pain/seeing blood is extremely addictive, but you need to try and fight this. As mentioned above, the Alternatives sticky is helpful (either just reading it to distract yourself, or trying the methods) for when you get that urge. You can also try putting away whatever you normally use so that it's hard for you to get to; that forces you to think before you can just hurt yourself, hopefully giving you time to reflect (why do you want to do this? did something cause it? what do you want from it? what else can you do to get that result?)

You will have relapses, everyone does, but you need to put forth the effort to distract yourself. Exercises are a good way to get your mind on your body without causing pain, and pushing yourself to exhaustion can provide a release as well. Or any other kind of artistic expression can be a good way to capture how you feel while creating something. (I write when I'm low and I find that getting the right words together can calm me down)

I hope this helped a little...good luck and take care! PM if you want to talk.

-marissa

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: feeling better - March 1st 2009, 10:52 AM

Hey rosie! hugs!! Cutting is avery diffcult thing to stop. When you begin cutting you cut because your depressed or upset but as you get deeper and deeper into cutting you begin to do it for all emotions... like Jelously or even boredom. I think you should speak to someone about this like a family member or friend, having the help you deserve always makes things a little easier. As lauran siad.. check out the alterantives in this forum they really help =]
PM me anytime abot anything
xx

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
Closed Thread