TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

ready? - February 1st 2011, 01:54 AM

I have been cutting for a little over a year. I can't decide if I am ready to stop though. Like part of me doesn't want to do it anymore but part of me likes it and wants to keep doing it. Its like I keep going back and forth. One day I want to stop and feel like I'm ready too and I find myself thinking about how I can't believe that I'm a cutter and I think I'm not going to do it again. Then its like the next day is completley different, like I feel like I want to cut and there's nothing wrong with it and I don't want to stop. I don't know what I want to do or if I even want to stop cutting....

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
you'rebeautiful Offline
believe it :)
Average Joe

Name: Ada

Re: ready? - February 1st 2011, 02:05 AM

Hi Lola

Well I'm really glad that you're considering ending this cycle... you really don't deserve to be hurt, by anybody. But it is a tough decision to actively make, and it takes serious commitment. It's hard. But it's certainly certainly not impossible, and you absolutely have the strength to overcome this... from what you said I guess it all feels kind of unreal? I know you can do this. But I think that it's important for you to really decide not to do this to yourself anymore. It might mean that you have to dig deep, find out exactly why you're doing this and come closer to understanding that you deserve a hell of a lot better from yourself and from everyone who doesn't treat you with real kindness... I hope that you find that, and I have absolute faith that you can.
Tell me if there's anything at all that I can do to help.
<3<3
Ada

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: ready? - February 1st 2011, 02:17 AM

Hey again Lola.

I'm pretty sure I've told you about this list of alternatives to self-harm before, so if you haven't checked it out definitely go give it a look.

Try to keep a count on how many days you can go self-harm free, and try to beat your previous record. If you lasted a week last time, see if you can go for a week and a half, two weeks, a month!

Like Ada said, you don't deserve to be hurt by ANYBODY -- and most of all, that includes yourself!

If you ever need anything, you can PM any of us. We're always glad to lend an ear. It's what we're here for.

Stay strong! I hope you do decide to stop cutting.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
Closed Thread