TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Exclamation i want to quit but no support - February 4th 2011, 10:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i want to quit sh but there is noone around to get me throu it i had someone she told me to tex her whenever i felt like sh she said she will do her part if i did mine but then she went away parents took her phone to and now im cutting again and i dont want to but i cant help it when i depressed and i see the razor and i just cut i used to grab my phone and tex her now i grab the razor and just cut i need help and she isnt there anymore and idk how to stop the only way is if i have someone supporting me telling me no and taking my feelings out at that time not the next day but then i feel alone now and im confuse and lost and i dont want to cut anymore but thats not enough to convice myself to stop i need support

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:
The tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

I'm the unicorn queen, you must bow before me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 5th 2011, 12:16 AM

Hun, Sometimes not everyone is going to be there when you need them . So , instead of cutting yourself up try different alternatives to cutting. I'm also here if you need to talk or if you feel like ranting , i'm the person you can come to. PM me anytime .

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 5th 2011, 12:21 AM

Hey Corrina,

I know this probably isn't exactly what you want to hear, but a lot of times we have to learn to get through things on our own before we get any help in life. It's not fair, but sometimes the greatest gift is knowing how to help yourself.

It sounds like you're using the fact that nobody is there to support you as a reason why you can't quit self harming. Obviously it is easier when you have support, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to quit when you don't. Support is a nice bonus, not a necessity. You CAN get through this on your own, even if it seems like it won't be easy. Self harm is a difficult thing to get through, with or without help.

I would encourage you to tell your parents or anyone else in your life you think might be of support to you, because it really does help. But if you can't find anyone, don't feel like you can't do this. You can.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 5th 2011, 07:07 PM

Hey Corrina,

I just wanted to echo everything that Amanda said. You've probably already heard this, but TeenHelp has a great list of alternatives to self-harm, and you should definitely look it over a couple of times. Whenever you feel like self-harming, try one of those instead, and keep trying them until you find one that works.

People definitely make dealing with self-harm much easier. Is there anyone else you could open up to who would be willing to help you in the same way? I know that I absolutely would not have been able to stop SH if my friends weren't there to help me through it.

Be strong. I have faith in you, and you can beat this.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lizzie

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 7th 2011, 04:03 AM

PM me if you need me. I'm here.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 7th 2011, 10:46 PM

ok well im trying the rubber band but after 2 days i couldnt take it i had to cut i found myself snapping myself the whole day when i was wearing it and i tried other things the ice and coloring but i just dont seem ready to quit should i keep trying or just wait till im fully 100% ready to quit but who knows if i will ever be

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:
The tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 8th 2011, 03:12 AM

First I want to say that you ALWAYS have support on TH. You can use the LiveHelp if it's online, you can use the Advice&Support Chatroom, you can post a thread, you can PM someone, including me (I check my inbox many times a day). I know you have tried some of the alternatives but I find that going through the list until I find something that helps takes a lot of time and sometimes by the time I have tried about 15 things my urges have gone down a least a little. When you find that one doesn't work just go on to the next one. In the end if you don't want to stop then trying to stop isn't going to work, but if you want to stop, I believe that you can. I am also trying to stop, I'm not going to say it's easy because it's not, but if you want to you can.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 9th 2011, 11:10 PM

ok i lasted 2days just 2days and i sliped up i couldnt do it anymore i will keep trying until i get to more and more days

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 9th 2011, 11:17 PM

Hey Coco!

It's great to hear that you want to quit SH. It's a very addicting habit, and those two days you went without it? That is totally amazing! I know you can do even better [= If you ever need to talk, PM me. Everyone on TH would love to help and support you!

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Re: i want to quit but no support - February 11th 2011, 10:19 PM

its been 3 days and im going crazy thanks for the help thou

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:

Closed Thread