TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LillyImp Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lilly

Exclamation Mess up, mess up.. - March 1st 2009, 02:13 AM

I keep messing up, and now I just feel numb, worthless.

I've tried everything to stop, and now I don't know what to do. I don't think I can do this without help, but I don't I don't know where to go.

Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 1st 2009, 02:20 AM

Hey Lilly,

Mess ups can get harder to handle sometimes, but remember they're still just mess ups-bumps in the road, if you will. You obviously still have the same goals in mind, so no harm done. Mess ups will always happen. Don't beat yourself up over them all. You're certainly not worthless because of it. Try thinking positively. Remember the amounts of time you went in between each mess up. And keep remembering your goal. As for help, tell someone you trust. Try talking to a friend for support or a family member. Someone you feel comfortable around. Maybe even a school counselor? Maybe your parents could get you into counseling. It's good that you're admitting you need some help, and it might be a little hard to ask, but it's completely worth it. You'll notice it lifts a large weight you might be carrying. Good luck with all of this. If you need anything, let me know. Take care of yourself.

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LillyImp Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 1st 2009, 02:24 AM

I've told my friends, they've cut too, [we're not a trio of emo kids,we just have some hard times.] we all stopped together and I'm the only one who can't go through with it. I don't have a parent to turn to and I'm so scared to go to the people at school, it's a small school. We don't have programs or people to deal with fuck ups.
I don't know what to do!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 1st 2009, 02:54 AM

Is there a family member (not a parent, maybe aunt or uncle or grandparent?) that you feel you can trust with it? I know that it may not seem like you can, but it's real relieving when you've told someone about it and know that you can talk to them whenever you need to.
I know it's hard to stop. I've been trying to and relapsed nearly a year in. It's not fun to realize that you've relapsed and you have to start all over again, but you can do it. You have to remember that people mess up. That's just part of being human. And it's okay to mess up, you just have to try again.
If you ever need to talk, you can PM me or something anytime.
~Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 1st 2009, 10:24 AM

Hey Lilly! First of all hugs! Cutting is a very hard thing to deal with, its sucks you in and you become addictied. It is NOT your fault you cant stop, its takes along time and it makes it so so much easier if you have someone there to help you through it. You said that you and your 3 friends decided to try and give up together, talk to them, tell them you have trouble stopping, they understand how hard it is to do it and they could be really helpful to you. And like Emily said, it there anyone else you can speak to? A family memeber or a teaher you can trust!
PM me anytime you need anything!
xx

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
LillyImp Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 3rd 2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x View Post
you and your 3 friends
It's 2 friends. [I guess it doesn't matter]

Thanks everyone.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 3rd 2009, 07:54 PM

Hey Lilly, have you tried talking to a doctor?. or even a school counciller?, you said that your school dosent really have any programmes for "fuck-ups" first off, you're not a fuck off, and secondly if you asked for help, that could be the first response for your school to start a programme for people who are stuggling, which could help other people in your school, because you said your friends are cutting too, which means there must be a fair few more people than people you know of cutting. By asking for help you could be saving a lot of people

Take care

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Annie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 3rd 2009, 08:28 PM

Hey. I always feel like that, I have done some stupid things, a lot of stupid things, aand afterwwards I always feel numb and worthless, but at the moment I am trying to be on the positive side. So remember, you ARENT worthless, it may feel like it now, but everyone makes mistakes, its how we learn from our mistakes that make the difference. I usually feel so so bad that I do stuff that I shouldnt do, buy at the moment Im trying to tell my self, I shouldnt care about what other people thing, I should just care what I think, so if other people are giving you a hard time about it, dont give them the satisfaction, just ignore them and try to get through it

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Annie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 3rd 2009, 08:32 PM

Also, I cut too, thats what I do when I feel low. I stopped 3 months ago, then started again last week, and carried on doing it for like 3 days. I havent told anyone. I cant tell anyone, my family would go off it if they knew. But I havent done it for about 4 days now, because I am trying to be positive. I keep getting urges to do it, but Im just trying to overcome them. PM me anytime

(#10 (permalink)) Old
.commers
Average Joe

Name: Michael

Re: Mess up, mess up.. - March 3rd 2009, 08:39 PM

Now you have posted here so many people will come and help you
Try and find someone you feel comfotbale with,even a total stranger or someone on here who you can just let go to,one day you will find someone
is there anything in your local area that you can go to?

Closed Thread