TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

ugghhh.... - February 21st 2011, 08:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just cut myself again. Bad. really bad. I havent done it in a while and its been a long time since ive done it like this. I dont know what happened, i just freaked out and went at it. And im not satisfied, it didnt fix the problem, the urge is still there and i want to do it again. i dont know why this happened. im so disappointed and i dont know what to do because i feel like im going to do it again any second now.

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Satine Offline
Not a n00b

Re: ugghhh.... - February 21st 2011, 08:22 PM

Hello Lola,

I hear you when you say that you don't know what caused the self-injury, but can you give us a little more information on what happened in the moments leading up to it? Perhaps that can give us some insight into where this came from.

Hoping you feel at least a little more okay than when you clicked Post.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: ugghhh.... - February 21st 2011, 08:26 PM

Hey Lola. Do you know why you freaked out? Have you been feeling like cutting for a while? I know that it's still hard after not cutting for a while, I've gone months and even over a year without cutting to find myself back in that situation and still wanting to do it even knowing it doesn't help.

Have you used any the alternatives to SH? If you can't figure out the problem right now, they can at least distract you from the urge itself until you can learn why you want to and why you slipped up.

Stay strong, and if you ever need to you can PM me. <3

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: ugghhh.... - February 21st 2011, 08:34 PM

i havent been feeling depressed as much latley but today since i woke up i was. i dont know the reason for it. maybe cause i have stayed home feeling lonley for the past couple of days, i dont know. i just feel all stressed out for no reason. its so random. right before i cut nothing happened ive just been sitting around. i have tried alternatives before but today the urge was just to strong.

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: ugghhh.... - February 22nd 2011, 12:39 AM

I know how hard things can get, and you just have to try and move on and keep going. Attempt to fight it and remember the reasons why you didnt want to in the first place, and maybe go and call someone to distract you or something. It will be okay StayStrong<3

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#6 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: ugghhh.... - February 22nd 2011, 01:20 AM

Whenever you feel and urge distract yourself (: thats what i dooo pluss this sora chick offers great alternatives above me also lol try em (:
<3 stay strong

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: ugghhh.... - February 22nd 2011, 05:32 AM

Lola, you were correct in saying that cutting yourself will not solve your problems, it only causes you physical pain and makes you angry. Please do not hurt yourself, because no matter what you think of yourself, you will always mean a lot to someone.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Satine Offline
Not a n00b

Re: ugghhh.... - February 22nd 2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola jonson View Post
i havent been feeling depressed as much latley but today since i woke up i was. i dont know the reason for it. maybe cause i have stayed home feeling lonley for the past couple of days, i dont know. i just feel all stressed out for no reason. its so random. right before i cut nothing happened ive just been sitting around. i have tried alternatives before but today the urge was just to strong.
So you're not generally sure what caused you to want cutting, but you've a bit of an inkling it had to do with your recent isolation.

I'm getting the impression you don't see this as the reason, though. Is this perhaps because you're not seeing it as a 'bad' enough reason to cut, and therefore not justified? Or perhaps that part of you likes being by yourself, so how could it be the trigger for negative feelings? Or something else, perhaps? I am putting feelers out with this, so I may be completely wrong with the above, so feel free to say so if I'm off the mark.

Closed Thread