TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Just need some advice. - Sorry <3 - February 23rd 2011, 12:59 AM

I feel bad for posting here twice in one week.. So please answer other peoples threads before mine :3

Basically, I was doing so well up untill friday/saturday. I hadn't cut in about a month. And all of my scars were fading. Which was amazing. And now I can't stop.
Sunday, I sat and cut until I had re-established my technique. My wrist was a mess by the end of it. Then I get to today and cut over those marks and they started bleeding badly. I'm kinda worried. They're really red and are still bleeding from an hour ago :/ I've cleaned the wounds and wrapped a bandage and dressing over it, that I bought today.

All I need is a bit of advice on what to do. I don't mind if you'd prefer to PM me instead of replying to the thread.
I wouldn't ask unless I really needed it.. xxxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
you'rebeautiful Offline
believe it :)
Average Joe

Name: Ada

Re: Just need some advice. - Sorry <3 - February 23rd 2011, 01:18 AM

No apologies necessary, really<3. You have nothing to be ashamed of, please post whenever you want or need. That said, the continued bleeding is definitely something to take care of as best you possibly can, which may include calling your doctor or going to the hospital, if bleeding persists. I would suggest applying pressure to the wounds, as well as elevating/ holding your wrist up (wounds facing the ceiling) to help prevent further blood loss. If that doesn't help and your wrist continues to bleed, you'll need to get help. Blood loss is very serious and can be fatal. I don't know what happened or how, but I hope that you continue to hang in there and please, take care of yourself.
PM me if there's anything at all that I can do for you.
Always,
Ada.

I believe thatyou're inherently beautiful : )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Just need some advice. - Sorry <3 - February 23rd 2011, 04:08 AM

Don't feel bad for posting here, asking for advice and support with SH is what this forum is for. If your wrist is still bleeding after an hour you need to go to the hospital, also I agree with what Ada said, elevate your arm and apply pressure. Are there alternatives that have worked for you before?

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Just need some advice. - Sorry <3 - February 23rd 2011, 07:00 AM

Hey Charli.

As the others have said, there's no need to apologise. We're here to help, and everyone's problems are important.

First off, congratulations on being cut-free for so long. You should be proud of that. Sorry to hear you started again. Do you want to talk about what triggered this?

As for the bleeding, here's some first aid information, but if you're ever unsure, it's always best to consult a doctor. Your safety is important, and self harm can easily cause other problems (loss of blood, infections, etc), so it's vital that you treat the cuts correctly.

We're here if you need us.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread