TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

crap now what ? - February 23rd 2011, 05:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I was doing soooooo wel -.- I hadnt cut since december ! that a really long time for me -.- and then this sunday I threw it all away :/ I had a HUGE fight with my sister and that st it off I was doing soo well all my scars had gone and all that was left was brousing -.- and now I cant seem to stop ... but I havent got anything to cover them with but dressing .... what doo I doo ? I went shoping for clothes with my dad today and he allmost saw them I canīt belive this its soo wierd I've never had it this bad before ... it used to be a adiction that came and went I'd have one sesion and be done but now I find Im have 2 ...3 ,4 sesions a day and more violently than ever... they arent big long ones either their smal deep ones like about ( ) that big but they hurt like hell ! and I can't stop ... help ?
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: crap now what ? - February 23rd 2011, 05:22 PM

Hey Ally.

Not self harming since December is an amazing achievement. You did really well to come this fair with out self harming. Like I say to others, recovery isn't all about just stopping self harming. During recovery the chances are pretty high that you are going to have slips ups. And that doesn't matter. What does matter is you picking yourself back up and kind of re-starting over. Use this to make you that little bit stronger. And if you keep on trying you will get there!

If your cuts are still bleeding and you think they are to deep and might need stitches etc, then I suggest you seek medical help. If they carry on bleeding for a while I still suggest you seek medical help just in case and at least they can be cleaned and bandaged to prevent infection. If they are bleeding but you don't feel you need medical attention try getting a clean towel and put pressure against it. But do make you you seek help if its needed. Also it'd be good to buy some bandages yourself if you can just to keep it clean.

Remember you're stronger than self harm and you don't deserve to be hurt anymore than you already hurt. Keep you chin up.

Jessie'Lou

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

Re: crap now what ? - February 23rd 2011, 05:25 PM

Ally,

First off I would like to say good job on not cutting for so long. It can be a hard thing to do once you get used to cutting to stop but it is absolutely normal to have urges to do it again and sometimes we slip up. Don't beat yourself up over this. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you sit down and talk to someone about it, a close friend or family member that would be able to support you and help you to stop.

Another thing I would suggest is when you have the urge to cut, try doing something you like doing. You could also try one of many alternatives which can be found here; http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

- Good luck and I hope this helps!

- Malissa

Live Help Operator/Help Link Operator - Please feel free to pm me if you need anything.

Moderator for the Pregnancy and Childcare forum.

"Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden89  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Re: crap now what ? - February 24th 2011, 12:56 PM

... thanks but ... I seem to have the need to see my own blood for the need to cut to go away
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
Closed Thread