TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Unhappy Im wanting to do it and make it deeper. - February 25th 2011, 12:36 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

having the urge to cut myself but do it deeper or carve words into my self. Im not trying to think about it but its killin me till i do it. i get scared when my arm shows n it shows all my cuts then i think OMG if someone sees it im going to be in trouble. i dont know wat to do. all i can think about is cutting myself. the last one i did it was alittle bit deeper then the other one. it doesnt hurt me anymore. n im afriad tat if i got any deeper it will get worse. im used to pain so it didnt matter if it was serious anyways. Im so scared.

Wat do i do? Can you help me?

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Im wanting to do it and make it deeper. - February 25th 2011, 12:47 PM

Hey there.

I am really proud of you for managing to com here and reach out for help while you are finding yourself struggling with these urges. That's great!

If you haven't already i suggest you to try using distractions. I know it might seem pointless right now but they really can help you. Here is a link to the list of alternatives ... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Remember not everything on here will definitely help you do its all about keeping on trying even when something doesn't seem to help. Distracting yourself can really take your mind of the urges and help you keep yourself busy until the urges do pass.

I know it's incredibly hard but you don't deserve to have to go through the pain. You don't deserve to hurt yourself. I've seen you around, I know things are hard but you're doing it. You can beat this, you are stronger than it.

So you said this ...
Quote:
so it didnt matter if it was serious anyways.
Even if you feel like you don't even feel yourself doing it and you can't feel the pain, it still matters on how deep you do. Now, I have already said this to another user today but I want you be completely aware that if you do go to deep you might require medical help and you might need stitches. And even then you might need medication to help prevent you get an infection and if you were to get an infection it can make you seriously ill. You can end up in hospital on a drip and worst comes to worst, it can end in amputation. And like I said, I have said this to someone else because it is true and although it seems over dramatics it does happen to people. And I pretty sure you don't want to take those risks.

For now try using the distractions. If that doesn't help I want to encourage you to try talking to someone. Right now that'd probably be a friend or a family member. Remember these people care and love you and want to be there for you. If you don't feel you can talk to them I suggest you contact a helpline. Here is a link to the helplines contact details ... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/. These people will understand you are going through a rough time and it might be hard for you to open up. They won't rush you. They will try their best to understand and to help you get through the moment.

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better. You can do this, stay strong.
Jessie'Lou

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Unhappy Re: Im wanting to do it and make it deeper. - February 25th 2011, 01:40 PM

I understand but its just hauntin me till i do it. im trying to distract myself to not do it. idk wat to do. its just killin. it will make me feel better to do it. i know wat ur saying n thank u for helpin me. all i been thinkin bout is how deep or wat word i would carve into my arm. i suppose to hangout with my friends this weekend n we r suppose to go to her house but wat if her parents see my cuts then they ask me wat happened to ur arm. i would say i got scratched my a cat. i hate lying but if it takes to lie then it will keep me from not getting my friends tooking away from me. i dont want tat to happen. she is very close to me n i hate losing her over this. im trying my best to keep myself busy but its not helping.

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

Leslie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Im wanting to do it and make it deeper. - February 25th 2011, 02:12 PM

Hi there

I understand its hard and its going to be difficult to get through it but I know you can do it, theres no reason why you can't. Like I said keep on trying to distract yourself. Perhaps you could go and make a hot chocolate and put a film on or go for run. Something to keep you busy and perhaps even help you feel a bit better.

As for going to your friends this weekend thats great and definitely still try to go. If you're worried they will see old scars or cuts then try wearing long sleeves to cover them up so they won't see.

Stay strong, you can do this.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Unhappy Re: Im wanting to do it and make it deeper. - February 25th 2011, 06:52 PM

Im trying to do my best to not think bout it. it just keeps on popin up in my head n i try to think of something else. i feel so terrible bc i feel like im a bad person. Its like everything is going so fast n i cant catch up n it just get worse every second of the day. idk anymore. sometimes i just want to be alone n not talk to anyone. I feel like im pushing everyone away from me. I feel like just doing something n see if it will make it better by any chance. but whoi knos wat will happen in the Next day or Next couple of mins. its just killin me bc all i think bout is cuttin n trying to hurt myself in any possible way. I feel like i have no future. I feel like im already dead but still living just not aware of how it will take me in later in life....ill have to try harder but its just keeps on comin back n haunting me. im feel so terrible!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

Leslie
Closed Thread