TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:23 PM

UGH.

I caved this morning. I've been struggling an exceptional amount lately and it just all was overwhelming this morning. I didn't know what to do, so I caved. I don't know how to move on from here or what to do. I just can't seem to handle things at the moment.

--A

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:30 PM

Is there anything you want to tak about/get off your chest? Maybe that will help release some of the emotions.

I know slipping up can be discouraging/upsetting-- but you can recover from this

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:46 PM

Hey Amanda,

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so great at the moment but it's good to see that you've decided to post here to reach out for support and I'm sure that along with myself, many other members here will be more than happy to give you some support and encouraging words.

It's totally normal for there to be bumps in the road while you're in recovery and I believe that those bumps are the things that make you stronger as it gives you experience on how to deal with them if they should happen again at a later date. It's totally normal to slip up when you're trying to recover but that's okay, you just have to try not to dwell on it too much as it has happened and is now in the past. You just have to try and focus on the future and preparing yourself so that you try not to slip up again.

You can do this and I promise you that you aren't alone in all of this. I believe in you and I'm sure everyone else here does too, we're always here for you if you should ever need support.

If you ever want someone to talk to then feel free to either PM or VM me at anytime as I'm always more than happy to talk about everything and anything. I hope that you're feeling better soon and that I've been able to help you in one way or another.

Take care and stay strong, you can do this. <3

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Ancora Imparo 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:50 PM

Hi Amanda,

It's understandable to have slip ups when you're recovering from self harm. Try not to get too down about it and sometimes the best way to move on from these things or sort of forget it ever happened. Take each day as it comes, if you get through the day, great, that's brilliant. But if you don't, that doesn't mean. Because at least you're trying and tomorrow is a new day

If there is anything you want to talk about, almost anyone who posts here would be more that willing to chat with you, including myself. Sometimes it helps just to get things off your chest.

Take care lovely and hang in there

Last edited by tamz; February 26th 2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo with emoticon

(#5 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:51 PM

Sometimes I wonder when this will be over with. I've been cutting for over 8 years. For most of that 8 years, I've been trying to stop it seems. I take one step forward and two steps back. I'm at such a loss.

--A

(#6 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 26th 2011, 11:52 PM

Sorry Amanda, cross post. You can do this lovely. The fact you're trying to give up proves you're such a strong person. May i ask if there is something in particular bothering you at the moment?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 27th 2011, 12:15 AM

There's something in particular that's bothering me. I've talked about it with several people. I don't want to post it online for privacy reasons, but this situation (if it doesn't go as I want it to) could turn my life upside down and that's very disturbing. I've spent 13 years waiting and preparing for something in my life... now it might not happen as planned and that's killing me. I know that doesn't give you a lot to go on, I'm sorry. I've been told when I'm upset I have a tendency to not make sense. And ramble.

I feel that I've been trying for so long and haven't accomplished much of anything because I'm still doing it, well... I feel like a failure.

--A

(#8 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 27th 2011, 12:26 AM

Aww hun, you're certainly not a failure. I know it's so hard when things are not going the right way, but that doesn't make you a failure. You just have different ways of coping with things. Whilst I don't advocate cutting as a coping mechanism, I also don't think there's a need to be too hard in yourself if you do slip up. It is completely understandable why it happened now.

If you don't want to talk about things online, that's okay, I'm just glad you have people you can talk to in real life about it. With things that our out of our control, there isn't a lot anyone can advise. I guess we just have to accept these things, as hard as that is. Honestly lovely, you're not a failure. Try and ease up on yourself a little.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Re: First Slip Up in a While - February 27th 2011, 04:42 AM

It's hard to ease up on myself. I've always wanted to have things as close to perfect as possible. I'm trying to do myself right with not much luck, to be honest.

I'm just exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I don't know what to do with myself.

--A

Closed Thread