TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

I am so unconsiousley stupid - March 5th 2011, 12:19 AM

Today i was eating lunch at school for the first time in a while, so i obviousely have to roll up my sleeves or else they will get in my food. I did that , but this senior guy who sits at my table notices the marks on my arm from just 2 weeks ago. Crud. Now he wants me to talk. And i dont generally talk bout whats going on with me, plus i have major trust issues. I should've not eaten, this wouldn't have happened greatt /=
Plus i think he told one of the teachers , thats wonderful! NOT ! ughh ....

Help please ..

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: I am so unconsiousley stupid - March 5th 2011, 12:39 AM

You were doing a good thing though eating at school. I'm proud of you =) Anyhow...about that guy, I'm sorry =( it's hard keeping secrets all the time. Maybe you can talk to him about it if you two are close. Or if you can't then try telling him they're old or just makeup a story. But remember our deal about you being more honest with your friends. You're NOT stupid Kelly <3

Just Keep Breathing

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I am so unconsiousley stupid - March 5th 2011, 01:02 AM

Hey Kelly.

You shouldn't feel bad about eating lunch at school, even though it did lead to something you're not happy. There's risks and chances associated with everything you do, and sometimes you just have to deal with the consequences; otherwise you may spend all your time on 'What if?'s and 'If only's, which aren't helpful for you.

Are you close to this guy? If you are, you could try talking things through with him. Same if you feel comfortable with him. I understand how hard talking about things are, but it sounds like this guy just has your best interests at heart.

You could try thanking him for his concern, but explaining that you don't really want to talk, or you'll talk to him if/when you feel ready, or something like that. You shouldn't feel pressured to tell him; it's your business, and you don't need to talk about it with anyone (although if things get bad enough for you, I definitely recommend reaching out to someone). That said, however, talking about things like this can be helpful; have you considered seeking professional help? It's a scary thought, I know, but it might be just what you need.

If he's told a teacher, he's only doing what he thinks is best - and that's what the teacher will do too. This proves that people care about you, and want to help you; maybe now's the time to open up and accept the help?

Good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I am so unconsiousley stupid - March 6th 2011, 07:15 AM

Hey! It's excellent you ate lunch at school!!! Well done!
Maybe the fact that this guy now knows is a good thing - a life saver! If you don't feel comfortable talking to him, just say to him "I am not comfortable talking to you, thankyou for your concern except I already see people for this" If he did tell a teacher, you may feel embarrased, but it might be just what you need!

It only shows people do actually care about you! Self harming is not a good thing and it would be fantastic if some help could encourage you to stop!
You should have eaten!!! Its great you did that! Try not to worry about all this, people will just help you out!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: I am so unconsiousley stupid - March 6th 2011, 09:55 PM

Thankyou all very much <3 And i'll try not to worry Emma. I actually talked to him and he's amazing lol Like i dont know he's just mature and wise and i love it.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Closed Thread