TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aestai Offline
Average Joe

Name: Renee

i caved... - March 7th 2011, 06:13 AM

after over two months i caved. i didnt even mean to. i was really upset one min and the next thing i know is having a razor next to me. i was talkin to my friend, so they cood calm me down, and then all of the sudden my wrist was bleeding, i don't even remeber the cutting i feel so utterly horrible

"But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end." -Barry Gibb

http://aestia.deviantart.com/ <--- Please check out my art!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: i caved... - March 7th 2011, 12:58 PM

Renee, maybe you already realize this, but in case you don't...Having a slip up doesn't take away any of what you've done the past couple months. The fact that you were trying to talk to someone about it is really good. That takes alot of strength, even if you did end up cutting. Don't be too hard on yourself over this. You made a mistake sweetie, that's all. EVERYONE goes against their best intentions sometimes. If you haven't forgiven yourself, that'd be a good thing to do. Also, since you said you didn't even realize what you were doing until you'd done it, try putting more steps in between you and the things you generally hurt yourself with. Put your razor blades and whatever else you usually use in locked box with either a seperate key or a combination lock. That way you won't just be able to pick the object up abscent mindedly. You'll have the time you spend putting in the combination or grabbing the key to ground yourself and realize what you're doing in enough time to stop yourself. Two months is awesome! Just lock up your stuff, make sure to steralize your wrist, and just keep doing what you've been doing these past couple months.

Just Keep Breathing

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: i caved... - March 7th 2011, 01:54 PM

Hey there,

Don't fret yourself too much, okay? We all make mistakes and quitting sh is a hard thing to do. It's going to take some time and even a few tries before you can fully say that you used to sh. You still managed to make it through the past few months which is a big achievement. So don't give up, keep going, you can do it

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Aestai Offline
Average Joe

Name: Renee

Re: i caved... - March 7th 2011, 02:50 PM

thanks, it just kinda sucks, you know? espcailly since i JUST got back from this huge leadership summit and one of my workshops was how to prevent suicide and SH... and the fact the i know i hurt the person who was trying to help me...

"But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end." -Barry Gibb

http://aestia.deviantart.com/ <--- Please check out my art!

Closed Thread