TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

She stole my razors! - March 7th 2011, 10:10 PM

My mom, she stole my fucking razors. I don't know where they are. I think she's chucked them
I haven't cut for like, a month and half and now she's done this. WTF!
YOU CAN'T TAKE THEM! I need them. They are like, comfort. If they aren't there i panic.
I'M PANICKING NOW!
NOW ALL I NEED IS MY FUCKING RAZORS!
I was gonna wait until i wanted to chuck them, i was gonna wait until i was strong enough. And now she's took that away from me. I have nothing now.
I'm trying to find anything to fucking get a razor...

My first ever one was in there. And now it's gone forever.
Wtf am i going to do.. I can't stop crying.

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Last edited by Palmolive; March 7th 2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Adding Prefix
  Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Infinite Limit Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michael

Re: She stole my razors! - March 7th 2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRedAppleStanding View Post
Wtf am i going to d
You're finally going to be able to move past self-harming for good. You have carté blanche. It's a fresh start. You need to step back, take a big deep breath and see this is as what it is - an opportunity to make a real start on leaving self-harm behind for good! It's not easy, I wish it was (you have no idea how much) easy but it's not. This, right now, is the hardest part - the realization of it all. But it's really, behind all the panic and crying, a good thing. I promise you, in the future, you will be so glad the razor blades were thrown out.

PM me if you need a shoulder to cry on, k?

"The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul"

Michael - Pilot Flying

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: She stole my razors! - March 7th 2011, 10:34 PM

The fact that you haven't cut in a month and a half shows that you're strong enough, mentally and physically, to leave the razors alone. You haven't used them in the past 45ish days, so chances are big you weren't going to use them anymore at all.

Your mom doesn't want you to hurt yourself, she's trying to protect you and she thinks she's doing the right thing. You can't blame her for that, Erin, she still is in charge in the house.

Instead of getting all worked up and making yourself so aggravated that you might lose control altogether, try to calm down and reason with yourself. The razors are gone, they're not here anymore, now it's time to look at alternatives. And there are plenty of alternatives to choose from... You could write your feelings down, talk about them to someone, here in the forums even, you could get out your creative side and start writing, drawing, anything!

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

(#4 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: She stole my razors! - March 17th 2011, 09:00 AM

In any case, hello Erin! I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this--I know how it feels. I used to cut a few years back, and trust me, the times when my parents made me fork over my razors (not to mention, the time when I discovered a book entitled When Your Child Is Cutting in the bathroom) made me absolutely LIVID! I know it's frustrating, but please know that they're only doing this for your well-being (even though they don't seem to understand that confiscating SI instruments is one of the worst methods of interference). This doesn't go without saying that self-harmers (or rather, determined self-harmers) are pretty clever about obtaining razors when need be--but, if you can, utilize this time as an opportunity to ween yourself off of SI. I know that sounds cliche, and I know it's tough, but trust me--take this from someone who's struggled with SI for nearly five years and has been hospitalized for it--you'll thank your mother later.

In the event that you need/want someone to chat with, I'm always here

Last edited by *Jen*; March 23rd 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Unnecessary and rude

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: She stole my razors! - March 17th 2011, 09:56 AM

Since the original post was from March 7:
Erin, I hope you're feeling better already!

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

Last edited by Rob; March 23rd 2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Responding to removed material.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: She stole my razors! - March 24th 2011, 09:46 PM

Just think... at least you can now be free from it... you have no way of cutting and therefore have no choice but to stop... this is better in the long run...

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Spyk Offline
I'm One Hell Of Puzzle.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raye (or Spyk)

Re: She stole my razors! - March 25th 2011, 08:41 AM

I disagree with a lot of opnions expressed here. Time has nothing to do with strength, Hun if your not 100% ready to move on and leave the razors behind thats ok. She had them there as a security blanket. Its not good to rip a security blanket away. It was wrong of your mom to do that to you. I see why, but its not a good solution. If your not ready to throw them out yet... there is no reason to throw them out. It has nothing to do with her not cutting for a month <<congrats by the way>> it has everythin to do with finally moving on, and being strong enough to stop this addiction.

Closed Thread