TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

& Triggering (Abuse). Struggling with the urges! - March 7th 2011, 11:40 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Really struggling with the urges right now. I've managed to distract myself for 40minutes but things are getting tough now. At first, I was just upset, numb, I don't know. I just really wanted to sh, I can't explain it.
But now I'm just angry! My best friend sexually assaulted me, or did he?! Maybe I deserved it?! I should've made myself clearer. I don't know what to think anymore and it makes me so angry that I allowed myself to get into such a situation. I deserve to be punished!

Argh! I'm trying so hard here!

Last edited by tamz; March 7th 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: didn't mean to press submit, hadn't finished writing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: & Triggering (Abuse). Struggling with the urges! - March 8th 2011, 12:25 AM

sexual assault is when some one touches you in the private areas, fondling the sexual parts, sexual advances, or requests for sexual favors that is NOT WANTED. If you did NOT want it then it is sexual assault. If you did NOT want it then it was NOT your fault. If you did NOT want it then you did NOT deserve it. Tell your mom dont keep it a secret tell your mom or another trusted adult about what happened and stay away from the guy that did this too you.

Dont self harm please its not worth it, it wont solve anything the pain will still be there after you cut. Please tell some one about this like a trusted adult or your mom. hugggss
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: & Triggering (Abuse). Struggling with the urges! - March 8th 2011, 07:22 AM

Hey there.

Well done on resisting the urge for so long. I hope you're still okay. If you haven't already seen it, I'd suggest looking through the alternatives. Remember that while self harming can seem like a good way to deal with things at the time, it doesn't actually fix anything. It's much better to address the problem that's bothering you, and deal with that instead.

Nobody deserves to be assaulted. Have you told anyone what your best friend did to you? You don't have to keep this to yourself. Here's an article on abuse you may like to look at.

You do not deserve to be punished. Even if somebody hurt you, it doesn't mean you have to hurt yourself. You can get through this. You can get better from this. You don't have to hurt yourself to feel okay.

Good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: & Triggering (Abuse). Struggling with the urges! - March 8th 2011, 09:58 AM

Hey, yeah I've told my parents, some close friends and then the doctor and the police. Police were absolutely useless, said that because I'd gone to his house, because I didn't leave afterwards (it was 2am in winter!!) and because we'd previously slept together, I'd obviously wanted to!

Thanks for the support about the self harm though. Managed not to yesterday and the urge has gone for now which is good. Will take a look at that abuse article you posted now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lucynyu101 Offline
'Ryuichi Sakuma'
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kezia

Re: & Triggering (Abuse). Struggling with the urges! - March 9th 2011, 03:22 AM

police are douche bags....
just stating the obvious cus even if you had had sex b4 it doesnt mean you will always want to have sex with them. and 2am in winter?
Really?
POLICE SUCK
sorry just saying
i hope everythig goes okay and you can stop sh.
Love and peace,
Kezia

Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels

Last Time I Cut
5/4/2011

Closed Thread