TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

I'm annoyed. - March 8th 2011, 07:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It's already bad that I cut. But I can only cut if it's deep.
I cut myself tonight. It's obvious it needs stitches, and I sit here, typing this.

Quick off topic question: If you cut deep enough to see the muscle..and there is a little bubble there..what is that? I poked at it, and nothing happened, so I'm wondering what it is.. oh well.

I would go and get stitches...AGAIN accept for the fact that I was just there three days ago for stitches. Good Lord. And quite honestly, I have four stitch worthy cuts on my left arm. I refuse to check my thighs. I just don't care..

I'm dying inside. Crumbling. I'm at a loss on what to do. It sucks. I just want things to be ok. I want to have friends I can trust in RL, I want to be skinny, I want to be beautiful, I want to be happy. I'm freaking selfish. Listen to me.

I'm calling the counseling place tomorrow. But I don't know what's going to help me anymore.

I don't know what to do.. I don't know how to feel better. I've already got the Alternative Thread added to my favorites on google chrome, so no sense in linking it to me.

I'm going to be straight forward and say that I don't know what I'm even asking of you all right now. I'm wondering if this even has a point.

EDIT:
I'm scared... I don't want to go to the ER again. I'm silently freaking out..

Last edited by SparklingWine; March 8th 2011 at 07:56 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: I'm annoyed. - March 8th 2011, 08:32 AM

Hey Lynds,
I know you said that you are scared and i understand what you are going through but if it needs stitches you should definitely seek medical help, especially if you can see the muscle.
I know that things are hard at the moment, but you have to remember that you are beautiful and amazing and never let anyone tell you otherwise!
Keep going, don't give up; 'Every thing will be okay in the end, if it is not okay, it is not the end.'
Stay strong and take care,
Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. :-)
Charli <3

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: I'm annoyed. - March 8th 2011, 06:23 PM

Lynds,
Stating the obvious here, but I'm going to say it anyways: Go get stitches if it's that deep.
I know it isn't as simple as just walking through the doors and being like "Hey, me again. Need ya to fix me up." I know it's terrifying and difficult to even consider. But Lynds, you have to take care of yourself. I mean, I suppose you don't have to. But you should, because you're worth it.
As far as the "bubble" goes...that's happened to me a lot...I think it's just tissue. I'm not sure though.
You're not selfish. Things WILL be ok. You're taking steps forward, and I know it's exhausting and scary, but I'm proud of you. Like, even making this thread is a step. I really am proud of you. Don't give up on yourself now Lynds. Or ever, for that matter. Healing takes time. Especially when you have a ton of pain built up inside you. And I know that you know that already. I know it's hard to be patient. I know that you're trying. Keep trying Lynds. You're making progress.
You ARE beautiful. You really are. Inside and out. You're freakin marvelous and anyone who has you in their life is lucky.
Sometimes, when we feel like we've been swimming for ages and we just want to get to the shore...the entire time, the sand has been right there beneath us, just waiting for us to plant our feet and stand up so we can see that the shore is right in front of us. You never know how close happiness is. It could be just around the corner Lynds. Life's a journey, and sometimes the path is rocky, but smoother paths are ahead. You're not alone. Whenever you need a hand, there's going to be one there to hold. Maybe 5 or 6
I hope you've called the counseling place. If you haven't, please do. Help is real and it's attainable. It might take some time to feel even a tad comfortable with opening up to a counselor, but you can do it. I believe in you.
You can message or call me anytime Lynds. Don't isolate yourself.

And...there doesn't really have to be a "point" to posting the thread. Sometimes it's nice to be heard. To be reassured that the doubts and insecurities running through your head aren't true. To be reminded that you're loved and cared about. So Lynds?
You're beautiful. You're amazing. You're wonderful. You're unique. You're intelligent. You're bright. You're dearly loved. You're cherished. You CAN do this. You ARE worth it. Hope IS real. This isn't forever. It's ok to need help, to lean on people. You aren't alone. You MATTER.
Hang in there. You know how to find me if you need anything <3
Don't quit.

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I'm annoyed. - March 8th 2011, 11:40 PM

Thanks for the support, both of you.
It's just really hard. And I have a hard time asking for help.
And being motivated to follow through. I'm scared to know what's going to happen if I don't stop, but at the same time, I'm curious. I don't know what to do. I feel like I need the ultimate help. Like, admittance, for it to ever get better. Because in my mind-- I can't stop. My cuts are too deep. And too frequent. I can't be making daily ER trips. It's ridiculous.

Thanks for the replies.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: I'm annoyed. - March 8th 2011, 11:59 PM

remeber the promises thing keep that inmind
I agree-- this is a great idea!

-I promise not to hurt myself when something goes wrong.
-I promise to look at thing in a more positive light.
-I promise to start taking my own advice that I give to others.
-I promise to actively seek help.

The hard part is trying to follow these promises.. Lol

-I promise to make an effort to keep all promises listed above.

keep that in mind ok u can do this go get help and go to the ER and jst make somthing up if they ask alright im here for you

love coco

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

Closed Thread