TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Exclamation does it occur tat i might be in danger - March 8th 2011, 02:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

does it matter if i have cuts n scars on me if i went to the doctor. i feel like im in danger not to myself but im in danger of people seening them n then puttin me away. bc yestorday i went to see my new consler tat will help me get a job but when she mentioned (if your in dangering yourself or others!) then we have to do something. why does everytime i see someone they always tell me tat. I had to hide my cuts n my scars. if she would of seen them i would of been on the spot to the hospital. i told my mom a week ago i was going to stop wat i was doing but i want to do it again now. im suppose to go see my doctor in the next month n my therapist wants me to tell him wat ive done. OMG! if i tell him im going to Explode into a million peices. i dont know wat he will do but to me hes a doctor n he has the right to call the cops n take me somewhere. my dad told me tat everyone cuts their selves. i feel real bad. my mom was going to tell on me if i did it again wich i did a week ago when we made tat agreement. but i might end up losing the agreement bc i feel like i want to bc im just so depressed. i dont know anymore. Wat would i do if tat would happen? would they put me away? im scared. im an adult not a kid n the kids place it was fine a couple of years ago but now i am adult i have to go to the adult ward n there r crazy people in there. ill be tramatize. i dont want tat.

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: does it occur tat i might be in danger - March 8th 2011, 04:37 PM

Leslie, therapists and doctors are there to help you, not to put you away into a mental ward. If you decide to tell them about how you got those cuts and scars, do mention that you've stopped harming yourself and that you haven't done it in a week and a half (or longer). Be honest and open towards therapists, so that they can give you the advice you need to cope with your emotions. Even consider putting your razors away, far away. Doctors should mind their own business and even though they may ask about it, you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable.

When you're not a threat to yourself as in life-threatening, chances are very small people will put you away into a mental ward.

You don't want to disappoint your mom, you don't want to disappoint yourself and you don't want to break the agreement, so the only thing you can do is not cut. There are many other ways to deal with emotions and feelings and one of them is writing. Detailed writing of everything that has happened. Doesn't matter whether it's online, on paper, private or public, but it's an outlet and it works for some. Give it a try!

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: does it occur tat i might be in danger - March 8th 2011, 05:31 PM

Hey there.

Professionals such ad doctors, mental health nurses etc have to have a right to be able to put you in to hospital for your own safety if it's needed. I would think the chances of them hospitalizing you because you're having issues with self harm is very slim in less you ask for it to happen. If everyone who self harmed were to be hospitalized it would to be honest be a bit pathetic. I don't think they'd have the right to section you under the mental health act either unless you are a at high risk to yourself and perhaps express thoughts of suicide or attempt suicide etc. Then they might have the right to put you under a section. And of course even if you're not you might be able to go in if you ask if you want that kind of support.

Remember people are there to help you. Be honest and get the support you need because you're worth it! You don't have to feel this way and things can and will get better for you.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread